Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finds from the last 2 hunts. I continued on today from where I scored the silver ring the other day, bagged a few penny's and half penny's, a 1958 Florin, a rully choice New Zuland $2 coin and a few bucks in moderns too. :) This seems to be an area of the ol honey hole that I neglected, nearly finished this section now.

1460524263_20160413_144510.jpg

1460524263_20160413_144516.jpg

1460524263_20160413_144532.jpg

Florintastic effort, bet you were looking for a lot more badges like those being found of late (in the one hole). :D

Good to have a florin to round off the hunt Heatho, that's been one mega honey hole over the last year or so. ;)

Goldpick said:
Good to have a florin to round off the hunt Heatho, that's been one mega honey hole over the last year or so. ;)

Sure has been good to me mate, I know people have detected there previously but it didn't feel like it. :)

Kidbeey said:
Heatho, what tone profile ID do you generally use and why?

Gary

Hey Gary, I use the combined audio profile as when I have the standard preset coin program running (which is what I use 90% of the time) it behaves like the standard 4 tone program but eliminates most iron so there is no sound from iron at all, when you switch to an open screen in the same program by pressing the "detect button" you get the combined ferrous low grunt on iron, I only use the open screen if I suspect there is iron masking a good target. I usually hunt in the the "high trash" target separation too.

Before I start detecting I open the edit screen and scroll down to the "target separation" options, so all I have to do to change separation is to press the centre button and change to "ferrous-coin" from "high trash" if I think there is masking, "ferrous-coin" will pick a coin like object or non ferrous target out if right next to, above or below iron.

Hope you can understand what I just wrote as it is a bit confusing without the detector in the field, but if you compare what I wrote with the manual you'll see what I mean. It all makes sense. :)

Finally managed to get back to the ol honey hole again, started a new section I may or may not have previously done, anyway will do it again.

These are todays silvers, managed 2 deep penny's and a half penny too. They were soaking in a CAB for a few hours as they were quite grotty. :) Might have to give the 57 another soak tomorrow.

1461150602_20160420_210511.jpg

Got a lot of sixpences coming out of your area Heatho, you must have a good stash of them by now. :eek:

You just reminded myself to do a bit of cabbing on some coins, the coins are starting to pile up on my bench, ready for cleaning/sorting. :D

It's a bit strange getting so many of them in some of the different areas, they have so far been the most common for me without doubt, they are the perfect size to easily lose. Wish they'd turn into florins and crowns. :)

Nice little trio Heatho, I'm only halfway through cleaning my test plot of CABs and CLRs (getting there slowly). Yours are looking great. 8) :D

Cheers Silver, hope yours come up looking nice too mate, it's a great cleaning method. Think I've only had 2 coins that didn't clean properly from a CAB.

Doesn't do a lot for those old really dark grey ones at all, it must be just pure patina on them (maybe). 8)

Yeah I think you're right mate, very thick patina.

Continued on from yesterday, the run of sixpence continue while gridding this same spot, popped another 6 silvers and a few half penny's, some of these targets were nearly a foot down. Oldest was a 1919 Sixpence. Will continue with this spot for another few hunts, hopefully some bigger silvers show up, gold ring would be nice too. :)

1461222895_20160421_165337.jpg

1461222895_20160421_165344.jpg

Some of the sites I have detected have been littered predominately with sixpences and the odd threepence. Florins and shillings are getting real hard to comes across lately, at least your site is a consistently giving up targets, albeit deeper ones. Good luck on the gold rings. ;)