CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice run :eek: damn it's hot :rolleyes:
There's a new Pandora shop at the square so hopefully there will be a truck load of it this year ;)
That's a huge earring to be wearing to the beach 8) :eek: :cool:

That's what we are talking about Heatho!!! Hit those buisy surf beaches . I know about smelling the gold , you can taste it in the air also everyone is so blinded up :) great hunt and more TID numbers to add to the list.

Heatho, what percentage increase do you think your bigger coil has given you. Tricky question I know, but you may be able to come up with a guesstimate.
My son saw a guy, about waist deep in the ocean, detecting the other day. Do you do the same? Is it true the 3030 is 100% waterproof and submersible?

Kidbeey said:
Heatho, what percentage increase do you think your bigger coil has given you. Tricky question I know, but you may be able to come up with a guesstimate.
My son saw a guy, about waist deep in the ocean, detecting the other day. Do you do the same? Is it true the 3030 is 100% waterproof and submersible?

Gary that's a really difficult question but.... believe it or not I was actually asking myself the same question while detecting today. To be 100% honest it has improved my take, it is almost as sensitive as the smaller coils and puches a bit deeper, the best thing though is you can cover way more ground and that does increase finds substantially. I'd say ground coverage is the best thing about it.

Which colour seal do you have in your detector? The red seal is the old ones and they grey seals are the newer type. Becauise I just bought the new battery I got the upgraded battery and seal package, was $200. The detector is as minelab say totally waterproof to 10 feet depth, I have never completely submerged my detector and would be hesitant to, but they say it is.....

G'day Gary , percentage increase is a hard question but based on my experience 30%. I will go a touch further than Heatho on sensitivity on dry sand with the 17 x 13coil , it is as sensitive as any coil in dry sand if settings are right. I have found a fair bit of micro jewellery with it( as long as you have a good pin pointer) . It is 100% waterproof for the later models because of the seal type ( you will know this based in seal color ) . With water hunting the ctx is up there . I switch back to the standard coil or six inch coil , and happily go snorkelling with it.

Hope this has helped Kidbeey :)

Dan

Hit vSth Curl Curl beach this arvo for a bit of a hunt, someone must regularly detect it as it's a busy beach and just about the cleanest I reckon here on the Northern Beaches. :)

1486882127_20170212_172911.jpg

1486882127_20170212_173002.jpg

Heatho said:
Kidbeey said:

Gary that's a really difficult question but.... believe it or not I was actually asking myself the same question while detecting today. To be 100% honest it has improved my take, it is almost as sensitive as the smaller coils and puches a bit deeper, the best thing though is you can cover way more ground and that does increase finds substantially. I'd say ground coverage is the best thing about it.

Which colour seal do you have in your detector? The red seal is the old ones and they grey seals are the newer type. Becauise I just bought the new battery I got the upgraded battery and seal package, was $200. The detector is as minelab say totally waterproof to 10 feet depth, I have never completely submerged my detector and would be hesitant to, but they say it is.....

My seal is red. Checked Miners Den if they are selling them but theirs are the old ones as well. You would think they would be selling the ones that actually work.

http://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-ctx-3030-seal-kit-3-seals-2-headphone-lugs

Hey Gary, miners den have the new seal and battery kits but you have to get the battery as well when you put the new seal in itherwise it won't seal correctly I've been told by the minelab technician. If your battery dies juast upgrade to the new kit then, it's still waterproof with the red seal if you're careful and check that no sand or anything is in there to stop it sealing correctly. It's just that the new ones are meant to be a bit better.

Latest posts