CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the most accurate statements i have ever read on why a hunting area keeps on giving. Even after good detectorists and the most advanced machines have run over the ground time and time again. Any serious coin and relic hunter would use this statement as their mantra, well said heatho and good luck on the weekend, i'll definitely be waiting to see what comes out of the HH next. :rainbow:

Went out for a hunt this morning with another forum member and hit the ol HH, a few pre dec were found by both of us, I got a thrippy and 2 sixies plus a couple of penny's, Matt got a thrippy and a penny plus a few goldies.

I also scored this nice sterling pendant. :D Will post the rest of the finds later.

1506838596_20171001_153024.jpg

Serial number removed in case someone dodgy tries to claim it.

So is it on it's way back to the Big Apple,maybe you could return it personally :cool:

A good excuse to get out of town :)

Another impressive result :Y:

If you need someone to carry your bags beyond the airport drop us a line :cool:

Heatho said:
Went out for a hunt this morning with another forum member and hit the ol HH, a few pre dec were found by both of us, I got a thrippy and 2 sixies plus a couple of penny's, Matt got a thrippy and a penny plus a few goldies.

I also scored this nice sterling pendant. :D Will post the rest of the finds later.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1506834000_20171001_153024.jpg
Gee Heatho,you might want to go back and see if the rest of the necklace is there somewhere.Looks similar to the heart on this one.$925.With the serial number on it I wonder if they can tell you who bought it?

http://www.tiffany.com.au/collectio...hZVK4_rQpT_kQ5MH0DxivKf0yMVvAVvcaAg9_EALw_wcB

Eldorado said:
Heatho said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1506834000_20171001_153024.jpg
Gee Heatho,you might want to go back and see if the rest of the necklace is there somewhere.Looks similar to the heart on this one.$925.With the serial number on it I wonder if they can tell you who bought it?

http://www.tiffany.com.au/collectio...hZVK4_rQpT_kQ5MH0DxivKf0yMVvAVvcaAg9_EALw_wcB

I tried to find the chian but it just wasn't there, both of us had a good look for it.

Expensive bit of silver, I guess you will, ahem, be returning it straight away. :D I see you are back on the sixpences again. ;)

Goldpick said:
Expensive bit of silver, I guess you will, ahem, be returning it straight away. :D I see you are back on the sixpences again. ;)

Back on the sixies mate, you bet. :)

I think the pendant is actually a fake now, the fineness mark of 925 is a bit skewiff, this is one way to pick a fake, they say on the "spotting a fake" blog that the fineness mark should be perfect. It's definitely sterling silver as I did an SG test but I just don't think it's authentic Tiffany. Hmmm now I wonder where to return it to now, china maybe, lol.

As soon as my friend saw it she said "fake". Now she's not even interested in it, bloody jewellery snob she is......

Yeah I picked up a Tiffany earring that said to return to New York , but where I thought. No serial number or address , probably a Chinese fake I think .

Danny13 said:
Yeah I picked up a Tiffany earring that said to return to New York , but where I thought. No serial number or address , probably a Chinese fake I think .
Return to New York is just the name of the collection,apparently they used to make a key ring which was introduced in 1969.So this collection is inspired by the key ring.Another way to pick a fake is all the loops are soldered shut,the loop on your heart is open Heatho so probs a fake.Still a cool find for the collection.

Eldorado said:
Danny13 said:
Return to New York is just the name of the collection,apparently they used to make a key ring which was introduced in 1969.So this collection is inspired by the key ring.Another way to pick a fake is all the loops are soldered shut,the loop on your heart is open Heatho so probs a fake.Still a cool find for the collection.

Yeah I think you're totally right about that chain link Eldorado, I read that also about being soldered. Oh well at least it's still a nug of sterling, it weighs 8.5g so not a bad chunk. Happy to keep it in my treasure chest. :Y: :)

Latest posts