Crevis hand pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
limpalot said:
Are the pipe fittings removable, In Aus, they are glued or screw, thanks for sharing your build; very compact and servicable. Won't clog like mine can, hence the smaller inlet pipes and screws in the end to restrict the material size.

Thanks very much guys! Yes the fittings are removable (they have interior O-Rings) therefore it's very easy to clean them.

Went to Bunnings today and found these. 50mm grind out the centre groove on the joiner, put bolt &nut to weigh down the flap, glue a thred on each end and a 50mm one way valve.
1447835464_p1050230-optimized.jpg
1447835482_p1050234-optimized.jpg

Looks interesting, but I have been almost squatting at the big "B" lately and I can't say that I have seen them in my local 2 stores

Do you have a part Number??

Bazz

Bazz said:
Looks interesting, but I have been almost squatting at the big "B" lately and I can't say that I have seen them in my local 2 stores

Do you have a part Number??

Bazz

Well here I sit "Red Faced" thought I should check out the "B" and wouldn't ya guess it....I walked right up to them, sitting in their little bay in PVC Pipe section...

I huffed and puffed till the little man in the red shirt asked me if he could help? I said " How long have you had these?" he said "since we opened about 8 tears ago" cocky little #@%&

So now I'm really red faced, and got 4 of them. I'm thinking a rubber band to close them, but now I have all the friggin ideas under the sun :8

Hey AR don't go the gravel shovel section!!!

Bazz 8) :8

"always out of stock anyway"

That's a good one, I'll use it ;) :lol:

I saw those a while ago but thought the flap hinge would wear quickly. Might have to do some mod but I'm interested in seeing how they will go.
Jon

Just been playing with them and Limp's got a point the internal ledge needs to be ground off to allow the flap to close properly (I recon about a third) and they might wear a bit but they may not.

Either way it's a cheap solution when I consider all the friggin around I've done in my handyman/engineering challenged world..... I'm not sure they need a scew end on them, but it leaves you with options

Thanks for the share Limalot :)

Red faced but happy

Bazz

I'd be great to get an off the shelf part that works with minimal effort that's for sure. Keep us updated on your progress :)
Jon

Yes AR, all in the 50mm PVC section. The joiner sleeve fits over the flap when you grind out the centre stop. Leaves enough to glue a 50mm thred onto each end. Everything is in a straight line, nice and compact, Flap dosn't seal perfect but should be good enough for gravel.
There is another type in the down pipe section, has fly wire flap. Not as good , can't glue joiner on end.

Hi Bazz, item Barr code No 9319841043260; 50mm upvc DWV , AS/NZS1260 , made by vicpic. Got mine from Bunnings at Wodonga Vic. Hope that helps. May have to put a steel pivot shaft in place of the plastic titts for the pivot.
Cheers LL.

Thanks LL

I have the offending objects.....

So that must be you that I keep bumping into at Wodonga B, I go to the other one more often than I need to, let's face it there are only 24 hours in a day :lol:

Cheers

Drilled a 1/4 in hole & put a stainless bolt & nut , shuts a lot better, dont put to much glue on the join, will snag on the hinge titts. Got to get a 1 1/4 in ball for the other valve I am making, for the inlet - suction; reduced the pvc fittings down to 25mm from 50mm. Got to make a cage to stop the ball moving up to far, but let the gravel through. Like my measurments ; inches, mm and a tadd. :lol:

Ok, Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6own141z0

I used a 40mm marble, it works fantastic on the rocker box intake but I found that the marble needs to be too big for the crevice sucker, it needs to rest on the internal ledge and the gravel stuffs it up because the clearance is minimal.

For the intake on the sucker I ended up using a big washer to increase the ledge then cut a flap out of rubber with a tag on it and bend it back on itself, it opens up almost the entire hole with no obstructions so gravel can go where it's suppose to, my issue was always the outlet.

Sounds weird, I'll get some pics in the morning, I'm still having sealing issues but more with the other joins.

Now what sounds really weird is that I understand the measurement thingos, however the Bunnings guys keep looking a me weird when I go from inchs to mm and back without missing a beat, maybe I should tuck my weird in when I go there..... 8) :8 :D

Cheers

Bazz

Yeh , get the same tilted head and frone at Bunnings.
Good vidio, Was thinking along that line, but I need more room for the gravel to pass through, make a wire cage I think. got to think once you have sand and gravel in the equation.
Been trialling the thong washer for the plunger, works well.
Was thinking of using 3 small self tapping screws to lock the flap fitting to the joiner, can then do maintenance. Maybe latter make a new flap from 3mm ally, be a lot stronger at the pivot point.

Yep! just show us the way and someone can do it better, to make it more durable

Bazz

Latest posts