Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow they do make a good "LOOKING" copy.
It's crazy.
But looks are no good if it doesn't work.
I don't know why everyone wants to start off with the top of the line anyway. Start off small and learn your way up.
A fool and his money are soon departed.

I emailed that guy and told him to speak to the Dept of Fair Trading or equivalent body in Vic on the counterfeit goods angle

There is a good chance he could get refunded if he approaches it the right way

I bet they will have fake ATX available by New Year.

I don't actually see a huge problem with this fleabay listing as the guy is being honest about the unit and I feel sorry for him if he is being genuine, which it seems he is, though it is still a fake product which should not be for sale and the guy is treading on thin ice regarding our laws and fake merchandise.

Fair Trading are pretty good, I've needed their services in the past, they would love this one I think.

Hope the poor bugger who buys it reads the whole ad because it could go to $5000 in the last half hour if they think it's genuine.

Mozzie's long range detector would be a better buy. :)

The thing that amazes me is that China still don't seem to have clued in to the fact that they could probably produce their own brand detector as good as the real GPX5000 at a fraction of the price, if they put their mind to it. Their labour costs are next to nothing, and I'd say there has to be a huge market for such units.

They probably have and the next wave of chinese miners are already assembled and ready to come over and ............. I don't want think about it. :)

Reeks said:
Sparra said:
23 bidders and up to $710.00...People must think they can fix this or why would they want it???
Scumbags that will sell it off as real for $4500+ and they have paid $800.
$3700 profit.

yeah probably correct , the buyer is thinking why should they spend $ 900 to buy a fake from china when they can get this one for $ 710 and sell it on ebay with a dodgied up receipt

I'd not risk it, 0 feedback and too cheap we'll below wholesale

Looks to good to be true.... I wouldn't trust it. The seller has no history, no rating and has only been a member since today. The seller has no other items for sale which is a bit strange for someone that is selling multiple items.

Latest posts