Confessions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out for a spur of the moment swing today, we'll sort of, with the traffic today took me a touch over 3 hours to get there, detected for about an hour and a half then went exploring in my 4x4, was the first time out in this one, have to say it was great getting out to the hard to get to tracks, 3 and a bit hours down, hour and a half detect, two hour explore and almost 4 hours home, a couple of ks short of 600km round trip, no gold but was good to get out get my mind of things and found the biggest mine shaft I have ever come across so far

Hi Jamie,
Got a Tuena trip coming up but,
Would not mind a Mojo at Mogo. :) :)
Keep in touch.

jamie said:
GaryO said:
jamie said:
Cheers GaryO, yeah was a bit of a shock but with the change of job I have weekends now so can get away more and do plan on doing that
How are you going with the 4500?
Ive only been out once with it but snagged a piece so dying to get some more time to go out.
Well done mate, bit like myself first time out with the 4500 and got gold, again well done
Doug we need to catch up again soon and hit our little spot, been too long

Seems like I read a story once. A person on vacation rented a detector from a shop somewhere in Australia. He asked the shop owner to tell him where to find the big nugget. I believe this was a true story and in a prospecting magazine, Anyway, the guy at the shop was supposed to have drawn an X on the map and the tourist brought back a huge nugget.

Tom got to get out more mate, I'm in the same boat don't get out enough
I got away for the weekend just gone, still no more gold but was a good weekend all the same

Working on my third bucket, and biding my time for the great price hike of 2019.
1484202207_20170112_162108.jpg

8) :p

jamie said:
Yendor, just a matter of time and miles, coil on the ground is how you find it, just take your time listen and enjoy

That hit the Nail on the Head .
The more time the coil is on the ground or shovel in sluice or high banker the gooda :D
I find a little Gold but also put many hours in the forest .

Jast patient hoping Dam it ,..... let it be said, let it be done type philosophy. :p :D

I know that i dug a 3 foot hole at Talgai the other day for a bit of scrap iron.down that deep that i thought i was on a winner

Yendor, Saturday just gone I was in a goldfield, hadn't got a peep out of my 4500, was running as smooth as like like it, ground looked great and I was confident then got a beep, sounded ok, small scrap and it sounded better went down a little more sounded great so went down a little more, hit natural ground (not spread mullock like it was) got real excited, then pulled a crushed up bullet shell, been there a lot and haven't got gold there yet, will be back again asap, just got to have confidence, you like us all will find heaps of rubbish but you will get gold sooner or later

Latest posts