Competitive detecting.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear Aunty PA.

So I have this "friend" who goes detecting with his mate. The mate feels he has to compete with my friend. I think this is silly because my friend is obviously more experienced and a much better detectorist. How do I tell my friend's mate to just relax and enjoy being in the company of superior talent and bask in the glory of watching him dig florin after florin?

Signed
A concerned friend of an outstanding detectorist
(Not Ramjet)

:rolleyes: ......why say anything.......

1439895830_image.jpg

Well It Appears your Friend Is A legend In his Own In his own mind and these moments of grandeur will soon pass, I am Sure he means well but That Next Gold Coin You Find will Set Him Straight when you say,, Oh Look What I Found and Just casually put it in Your Pocket as you carry On Detecting,

Sometimes The Best Lessons are the Ones where Nothing is Said, Per Se, Actions Speak Louder Than Words, :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

John

FYI aunty PA. This so called "superior talent", is actually the fellow with the problem. He cant accept, that a newbie detectorist is already surpassing him, so he does dirty deeds.... He keeps a cache of florins/silvers on his person, so that when his mate finds one....magically his next 2 finds are florins, or better silvers. He will slip a prefound/ebay purchased florin out, and proclaims he found it! You can tell, because he often "does a ramjet" and over uses his 1947 florin. Look at his photos, he has "found" that florin about 30 times now lol I feel sorry for him, and never call him on it, us minelab detectorists are just nice people. Recently he had to pay for his daughters wedding, and is temp strapped for cash. He realised that he had overdone his 1947 florin hoax, so he bought a scratched 1916 on ebay, real cheap. But wise, and very handsome newbie detectorist, with a superior minelab, searched the completed items, for florins on ebay.....RJ paid 8 bucks, item number 180067890, 1916 scratched florin. So anyway, I hope this clears-up the matter :)

And so ends Season 1 Episode 8 of Lower Valley Detectorists.

Stay tuned for next season;

Will Rocket and Ramjet lay out their finds to see who the real man is?
Or will Ramjet lay down a 4 week challenge to see who will wear the crown?
Will the boys ever swap detectors, to test if technology is overbearing natural skill?
Will Rocket graduate from florins to crowns?
Will Ramjet find a mule BB that amazes the world?
Is there truth in he rumour that Rocket got arrested at 2 in the morning for park vandalism, and what does this have to do with the dramatic increase in honey holes?
Did Ramget get caught out by the wedding photographer taking a quick swing when he was supposed to be greeting guests?

Season 2 is shaping up to be as exciting as a gold sovereign burried at 6 inches, so hold onto your iPads and strap into your lounge chair because the boys need to play. Game on ;)

Wally69 said:
And so ends Season 1 Episode 8 of Lower Valley Detectorists.

Stay tuned for next season;

Will Rocket and Ramjet lay out their finds to see who the real man is?
Or will Ramjet lay down a 4 week challenge to see who will wear the crown?
Will the boys ever swap detectors, to test if technology is overbearing natural skill?
Will Rocket graduate from florins to crowns?
Will Ramjet find a mule BB that amazes the world?
Is there truth in he rumour that Rocket got arrested at 2 in the morning for park vandalism, and what does this have to do with the dramatic increase in honey holes?
Did Ramget get caught out by the wedding photographer taking a quick swing when he was supposed to be greeting guests?

Season 2 is shaping up to be as exciting as a gold sovereign burried at 6 inches, so hold onto your iPads and strap into your lounge chair because the boys need to play. Game on ;)

I Suggest A Duel,, Coils at 10 Pace's,, Turn And Ground Balance,

And Let that Be the End Of the Hostilities, lol :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just hope no one ever looses that 1947 Florin.(not sayin who). :|

silver said:
I just hope no one ever looses that 1947 Florin.(not sayin who). :|

Who Turn Is It to get A Loan of It Next Week,, lol

I have A 1921 and A 1922 Florins I found in the same Hole, :D

Latest posts