Comparison Of Testing Screens .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1633996663_img_0993.jpg

FYI . Send me an e-mail if you want a copy .

As people have said before , you can send a photo the right way up but when it gets put on the forum it ends up sideways . Why ? I do not have the latest and greatest I - phone .

Comparison of testing screens shows all the sizes of screens in microns and inches . For those that do not know there are about 5 different standards of screens . Tyler Standard , U.S. Standard , British Standard , I.M.M. Screens and not forgetting the Australian Standard which mainly follows the British Standard .

Only place in W.A. I have been to is Freemantle and that was many years ago .

Screens for metallurgy or sieves if you like . Ask any met. if they have used them ? Then ask them to explain Bond work index . We used to do those tests .

He is talking about "Screens" for screening crushed gold ore through, it is a comparison of holes per square inch of screen, or in Microns

For eg a one hundred mesh screen will have one hundred holes per sq inch for running the material through, and the finer you want the material the higher the number of holes per sq inch in the screen.

So it's all about what and how you classify the material to get the gold out.

Most probably know this stuff already but for those who don't this is a very good video about classfying the material and panning.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/aajaVGqQwfQ[/video]

Thank you Wisp , that is what I was trying to say . I know of the 911 Metallurgist site , been there a few times.

I suppose it is only interesting to people that are interested in metallurgy .

When you do Bond work index tests , it is to calculate how much power is going to be used to grind your ore . It also tells you how many grinding mills you are going to have to install .

1634180644_img_0996.jpg

Just found a photo of 100 m.m. dia. testing screens that I still have. The mesh has to made to a high standard .

1634181009_img_0996.jpg

Why does the system change the photos 90 degs. some times and other times not ?

Latest posts