Coiltek 17 x 11 Elite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coiltek is about to release yet another coil into the mix.

1448498618_capture.jpg

its a nice looking coil, they've had a demo coil in e e day sons since the 10th, looks bloody nice maybe someone will trade me a 14 for one :)

have you had a swing of this one redfin? keen to hear a report

I know it's been a bit hot in the Triangle of late, but has anyone had a go with Coiltek's latest offering, the 17 x 11 Elite elliptical mono and what did you think of it?

I'm going to buy an Elite coil soon but still not sure if it will be the 17 x 11 elliptical or the 14 round.

Bear in mind the 18 Elite round mono now has an official release date, that being 21st March 2016.

Food for thought!

Coiltek are good if you ask they have coils to try it may give you some idea on what coil to buy, the 14 round seems to be the way to go regards john :)

I'm am interested in this now. I love to use my NF 17x11, but not so much lately (it's old and well used, occasionally false signals) and was not so happy they went with 17x13 with this newer coil type. The narrower nose profile gets among rocks better imo, and for where/how i detect.

Will be watching closely, and perhaps trial one against my NF and see if THIS is to be the newer coil in my kit.

Not to take away from the OT, but do CT or NF make an 11" round using the new coil windings? My Commander is red hot, but if there is an 11" i may get 2x new coils.

GGA

'I'm am interested in this now. I love to use my NF 17x11, but not so much lately (it's old and well used, occasionally false signals) and was not so happy they went with 17x13 with this newer coil type. The narrower nose profile gets among rocks better imo, and for where/how i detect.'

My thoughts exactly GGA.

In answer to your question, Coiltek does have an 11 inch round Elite mono coil, Nuggetfinder has a 12 inch round Evolution mono.

Thanks Fissure. I reckon it may be the NF 12" & the CT 17"x11"that will get the thumbs up then.

Then i'm after a NF 14x9" XP w/switch coil...ha ha, it never ends..

Cheers

Hey gypsy before you buy if you can try out all the new coils. I ended up with the NF 12 before the ct 11 came out and while I'm pretty happy with it it can be noisy compared to the CT 11 from what I've heard. Haven't used the CT but from people I've talked to its very stable. The NF seems to me noisier than the old 11 commander but definitely more sensitive.have picked up some sub gramers that the sdc missed, could be me but I think it was the coil could find the little ones a bit deeper?

Bigjilm....shoot me a PM about the coil please? Ta.

Bjay, thanks for the info., ya i will have to do some side by side before i make final decisions about 'new' coils.
Thanks for your impressions by use...i'll have to get onto it once i'm mobile again.

Cheers
Gypsy

Latest posts