Coiltek 11" mono elite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone done comparisons yet between the elite coils and the new NF ?

looking at either a 14"round or 17 x 11 eliptical ~

expert opinions ?

wild dartboard guesses ?

taxi drivers opinion that your mates cousin heard about ? :D

Some mates [ full time prospectors] are using the 14 elite and are very happy with it . NF has just released a 15 round the 12 NF round is doing very well regards john

HeadsUp said:
has anyone done comparisons yet between the elite coils and the new NF ?

looking at either a 14"round or 17 x 11 eliptical ~

expert opinions ?

wild dartboard guesses ?

taxi drivers opinion that your mates cousin heard about ? :D

14 inch elite is a great coil runs very smooth haven't compared to the nf but it was picking up everything I was with the 7000.

goldwright said:
Well anyone thinking about getting the Coiltek Mono Elite all I can say is they have changed the 5000. Very quite and smooth which helped as this ground was quite hot I still don't think it is that much more sensitive than the commander but allows for a far hotter machine. After I finished cleaning up this patch my old boys GPZ went over it for 3 small bits all under the gram mark. At the end I ran at 20 gain in fine gold with no threshold in tracking and continued to find little pieces where I had been over so this coil does allow some real tweeking. All up 110 grams biggest 43 grams second biggest 16 grams and smallest 0.19 of a gram. Great 4 days with a gold machine in my hands.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4651/1450759007_20151222_142132.jpg

That is some excellent colour. A great coil.

Well got one last detect in before the rain, really hot and humid struggled and very nearly run out of water but was very much worth it 62 grammer and a few other smaller bits in new area. Very hard as I want to go back in but will have to wait until after wet season now. After being in sonic cleaner very little quartz or rock at all very chunky.
1451267175_20151219_074221.jpg

Sweet looking piece the cherry on top, give yourself a pat on the back for that one, or a beer, whichever comes first.

All the rains might help get more nearer to the surface for you when you get back there GW. :D
That is just awsome for a find. :D :p

Thanks fellas, the weather going the way it is I just had to go back in and check the next couple of ridges before my holidays ended but wow I reckon I drank over 6 litres of water and still had the bright orange number 1. I just ordered the 14 inch so I can take it in just to see if there is any targets down a bit deeper and what it is like compared to the 11.

PeterInSa said:
Hi Goldwright,
Did you compare the 12 Evo NF with the elite 11 prior to purchase?

Thanks

Peter

No I did not get to try the NF, I was going to get the NF 12 but Peter (Gold City) only had the coiltek left in stock so that's why I ended up with the 11. I have talked to quite a few people since using the coiltek and I dont think there is really that much between all the brands with the new tech. I have only had commander and NF coils over the last 10 years and this is the first Coiltek I have purchased since using the SD2100, little heavy for an 11 inch but super smooth and a great target response especially on deep targets. The 16 grammer was at about 18 inches and after digging quite a few smaller nuggets at depth this nugget really surprised me as I thought it had to be over an ounce from the response at the surface before digging. I have been using the commander 11 inch since getting the 5000 but feel unless this coiltek gets noisy from use like the original coiltek back in the day this will be the coil I run with until clean up on patches with extra depth. I am thinking about getting the NF 12 as well but time will tell, at this stage I am loving the Coiltek 11, and have the 14 coming to try in the new year.

I finally got to swing my new 11" Elite, which I bought before Christmas, over the last week in the Vic GT. Found 5 pieces ranging from 0.87 down to 0.08. The 0.87 and a 0.53 were at 8" in Quartz wash. It ran very smooth most of the time but it did pick up ground mineralisation and some iron stone. However, gold targets were distinctively clear, bright and smooth. Certainly it is now my everyday preferred coil. Very happy! :D
1451905864_image.jpg

Would I be correct in saying this Coiltek go deeper More sensitive and can pick up the small stuff compare to standard 11" Mono

037981 said:
Would I be correct in saying this Coiltek go deeper More sensitive and can pick up the small stuff compare to standard 11" Mono

yeah mate depth on the smaller bits is quite remarkable compared to the Commander 11, maybe just in audible response but its very sharp on the smaller targets even when down 10 inches plus.

goldwright said:
037981 said:

yeah mate depth on the smaller bits is quite remarkable compared to the Commander 11, maybe just in audible response but its very sharp on the smaller targets even when down 10 inches plus.

That's awesome what I'm probably going to end up doing is getting The Coiltek 11" and for the bigger stuff 15'' Nugget Finder Evolution that would be a pretty mean combination i have a gpx5000

Latest posts