Coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i might get the 12inch evo and use that as my main coil and put the 11" DD and The 11" commander mono coils away for back ups . It seems alot of people regard the 12 evo as a great all round coil . So if i get the 12 evo straight up and get to no the 4500 with that coil and stick to it i should have the best set up for large and small nuggets once i have got the hang of it . Thats if i walk over any . Well i hope so anyway :)
And to Dig,n - it hope your trip goes well . The weather up here in north qld is beautiful at the moment . The speargrass up where you are going is abit long as i was up that way last week , but still plenty of places to swing a detector . Your going to love it . Take some sock protection from the speargrass i had to burn my first pair . It was still abit hot during the day but cooling down quickly.
ENJOY.

Well i didn,t end up buying another coil i took everyones advice and stuck with the 11" commander . It worked well i ended up with over 1oz of gold for a week . Some really small bits at good depth . Thanks for the advice everyone . I am so happy with the 4500 its a great machine when you get use to it .
Cheers.

Rustydog1 said:
I was talking to a bloke that recons that the 12 inch evo on the 4500 is way better than the 11inch command coil and will just about match the SDC2300 at finding small nuggets .

I recently but bught a qed which came with a 12" nf evo, I was going to sell it as I already had a 14x9 evo, but after using it, there is no way I'd sell it! Its an amazing coil, I reckon its more sensitive than my 14x9 evo, but because its soooo quiet, I can run the gain higher and back the stab off a bit. Don't have a commander mono to compare it with, but the 12 evo is my new go to coil, I use it on my 4500.
The QED gets the 14*9 and an 8" commander now.
You say you can get a 16" advantage for $160?
I'd hold off on that, and get an 18" or 20" advantage for deep ground later on. The advantage runs quieter than the big evos/elites but not as sensitive for the really small stuff, but your 11" commander should clean up the little ones first.

i got the 12'' evolution coil 18 mths ago its easy to swing wont catch on scrub and has found gold that womt weigh its on a 5000 kanga1934

Hi kanga.Yep,the new series coils have added another dimension to detecting that elusive gold stuff.

Cheers

Phil

Latest posts