close prospecting places to inverell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am heading down to inverell for a change of scenery from rubyvale area. Is there anything close to the area besides sapphire? I am still going to chase gems but also looking for Anything different i don't mind as long as its pretty haha.. I am looking at spending around a week down there just doing a bit of a recky before i take the wife and kids. Any info will help plan my trip.

cheers
Kezz

There is a Diamond fossicking area near Copeton Dam, Quartz Crystals and Grass stone at Tingha, Diamods at Bingara. Numerous gems including Emerald and Topaz at Torrington.

Great!!! thanks Heatho :) I will look those places up.. I haven't heard of grass stone before.so i will google that one..Now i can start mapping out my trip properly.

Kezz

No worries, also if you stop in at the Inverell tourist info centre they should be able to offer some more detailed info.

Hey Kezz, If you get to Tingha make sure you have a go at Copes Creek and if you have a couple of coldies at Tingha Pub, talk to the locals (they get thirsty and like a beer) ;) . When i was out there i bought a few rounds and next thing you know im invited onto private property and shown the local fossicking areas. Also check out the local water hole for a mudbath and a swing on the tarzan rope. Beautiful place and nice people there. Good luck mate.

Cracka.

ok no worries Heatho thanks for the info.. I will look into that Cracka.. Beer at tingha pub sounds like a mighty fine plan haha..

Kezz

Latest posts