Clarifying Thing Up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great -I'm off to buy a rotary hand water pump ...... ;)

1460606302_heavy-duty-farm-pump.jpg

Hey Mate,
Sounds good .

But forgive me I am still sceptical, I have done the same thing as you, asked these questions directly!!! & have received conflicting advise.

My 1 concern with what you have got in writing, this is not having a go at you!!!!

The person who has given you the info may not be the right person to give you the info ???
"Ross Howkins
Field and Land Access Officer
Brisbane District Office
Mining and Petroleum Operations"

Notice his job title !!!!!! the people I spoke to were "Mining Registrars" of 2 different districts, I will contact these people again to get some further clarification.
Good news if it's right.

cheers
Lee

I've shifted the topic to Alluvial Told Prosepcting for future reference. Feel free to add any further info/clarification as it comes to hand. :)

Yeah ok rc the whole thing is so complex, so many conflicting stories etc. Thanks Goldpick

Hey Yobs me ol mate, how are ya buddy, good to hear from ya. I'm so glad I made u laugh....gee if we can just bring some joy to someone everyday. How good is that.

On ya matey.

Laughter is the best medicine..... dont know what id do without it? You are a unique fella mate and one im glad i met.

Yes it is mate, haha thanks for that, and I'm glad I met you too cobber. You know where all unique, the creator did it that way. How special is that?

Take a 2000 gallon water tank and set it up above your workings.
Start your water pump and fill the tank.
Stop the pump and connect to your sluice/ Banker what ever.
Turn the tap on and process your ore.
Do not attach your pump to the Banker.
The water is returned back to where it came from.
In any case, You can recirculate the water as long as it does not leave the immediate vicinity.
That is how I interpret the Queensland Law.
Prospecting and fossiking is allowed under the Australian Constitution.
Just the by laws on water use age is what makes it a problem in Queensland.

2 000 gallon inflatable ,... go swimming too when it gets hot. :p

More back from Ross, I asked these questions, or rather, someone here asked the questions and here is his reply.

Q. Just another question from someone Ross.

A californian pump is a hand cranked belt of buckets that conveys the water upwards. A rope pump is similar, but the belt is a rope with rubber 'stops' at intervals, trapping water as it is pulled through a pipe to feed water up. A ram pump uses one way valves and uses pressure and forces to work. A waterwheel is powered by gravity and water.

Is this ok to use or not?

Len

How many of these are considered or not considered hydraulic, mechanical or powered?

A. Len

Yes these would be ok, the considered approach is that if you use your body to power the device, ie hand crank, pedal, then it is acceptable.

Californian pump, rope pump, yes as it is a hand method delivering water.

Would have to check the water wheel as these could be used to drive another device and ram pump could potentially be used as a water cannon similar to hydraulic mining.

Ross Howkins
Field and Land Access Officer
Brisbane District Office
Mining and Petroleum Operations

Department of Natural Resources and Mines

Yeah thanks AR as we have to travel pretty light, that's why we stick with pan, shovel, classifier, banjo when usable, rocker for Yobs, and my little Mackirk sluice. Fair walk to where we go for me anyway, by the end of the day, it's a chore to walk back to car. That's why Tribsa and Yobs are always at me, "Len you gotta travel light mate' .

They are just concerned as they hear me panting and blowing, hahah, yeah we just gotta work with what we have, that's why I build my sucker pumps so when in a gravely area can use that. It would be nice to have a place where you can just drive up and unpack your gear.

So thanks guys for all your help, i'm pretty happy with Ross's replies and clarification and hope that helps any newbies in QLD on exactly where we stand, what we can use and can't.

Just so happy that the Mighty Banjo....is a 'GREEN LIGHT'

Latest posts