Christmas presents

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiluxlou

Luke Dempsey
Reaction score
Had a great day with the family on Christmas Day , as usual I ate to much but how do you knock back prawns,crayfish, turkey etc etc . To top off a really nice day the kids bought me a pull out awning (2m-2.5m) for my ute , just finished bolting it onto the roof rack and it is a great bit of kit . So who did well in the gifts department ? What did you get ?

I bought a beautiful genuine pearl necklace for my missus and a hand written card with $300 to buy her self what ever she likes.
She asked me before christmas what do I want and I said nothing. So I have received a hand written card from her saying that although I s..t her, she still loves me. In the card I found $1 coin. :lol:
The kids pull their money together and gave us Nutri rocket mixer. Absolutely love it. :cool:

I went and bought myself Doug Stones Gold Atlas of Vic. The missus was too busy to go and get it so I took the opportunity to go for a drive and buy it myself. The old man nearly walked out of the shop with an SDC2300....hhmmm...might need to take him for another drive me thinks! :D

I did okay. Started a bit hairy. My car broke down Xmas eve and i spent 4 hours on the road side near Mareeba assembling a new throttle cable assembly bush mechanic style using fishing wire leader and a bunch of other bits. Once I'd soldered it together and installed I went to lift my scooter back on the rear carry rack. The car was parked on a steep lean due to the deep gutters and while strapping it down it rolled off and landed on my head. Luckily I am naturally a bit thick so it didn't crush my skull and a nice bloke pulled over after seeing what happened and offered to help load it up. By the time and after shouting him a cold beer it was getting dark. Drove cautiously through the night from Mareeba to my destination (Daintree) and parked up on the beach just before the Cape Tribulation turn off. Couldn't have woken to a more gorgeous sunrise over the sea. Missed having the family nearby but was great to kick back on the deck chair and relax for a change. I've worked through Xmas without a break for the last 8 years of my life so being able to enjoy Xmas was a real treat.

Sometimes being totally alone in the world has it's advantages. My gift to myself :)

1419580548_boxed.jpg

Assembled, almost ready to go.

1419580628_assembled.jpg

Battery is now charged, wireless module charged and paired with the machine. Now to put it to work.

PI Gold machine next on the agenda, get myself a 4WD again and Aussie Outback, here I come.

Bahahaha. I want sure where BBs post was going..... I always wait till boxing day to buy myself something, I'm bloody hard to buy for so I only have myself to blame. If I want it I buy it, and I have champagne dreams on a beer budget. The trommel will have to count. Hope everyone got something nice, I just look forward to holidays, good food, and time spent catching up with friends and family. That's what makes me merry. I give Mrs GT the same thing every year a few notes for the credit card and a whinge free boxing day shopping trip where I do the driving. I HATE it but smile all day and say yes dear. Haha.

Mr bangas got me some spanking new camo waders and I love them. I was wearing them around the house most of Christmas morning.
Also some new lenses and a remote for my camera.
I did well.

I hope you all had a wonderful christmas :D

Cheese said:
All the grandies/ papa papa papa.
Help.
6 of them papa papa papa.
help

6 of them ?

mate why didnt you send up a distress flare ?

lol

we could have sent around a team of grandmothers with a big stick in one hand and chuppa chups in the other to help you out

:D

DaBilda said:
Sometimes being totally alone in the world has it's advantages. My gift to myself :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/13/1419580548_boxed.jpg

Assembled, almost ready to go.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/13/1419580628_assembled.jpg

Battery is now charged, wireless module charged and paired with the machine. Now to put it to work.

PI Gold machine next on the agenda, get myself a 4WD again and Aussie Outback, here I come.

i know what you mean about spending christmas alone mate , i did that for many many years

I used to work every christmas day to help me forget it had come around again but its nice to give yourself a treat and then sleep it off ( my treat was usually a kilo of black forest cake with 3 inches of whipped cream on top )

I didnt get a material gift as such(no job =no money)...i made my son a lego table out of old pallets and oh boy!! His reaction was priceless!! Hahahaha i super glued barbie and my lil pony heads back on and gave them the (wrecking ball) hair cuts. The mrs through them out a year ago i saved them. My lil girl screamed and cried ....tears of joy she missed them soo much. Extremly happy dad. And the mrs is a lil more forgiving somtimes....lol

HeadsUp said:
I used to work every christmas day to help me forget it had come around again but its nice to give yourself a treat and then sleep it off ( my treat was usually a kilo of black forest cake with 3 inches of whipped cream on top )

What a great Xmas treat. Doing that next xmas or next chance i get. My mouth is watering.

Latest posts