Chichester State Forest

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day all,
Has anyone tried fossicking in the Chichester State Forest? I'm new to this & am looking to find an area near the Central Coast to take my boys on a fossicking weekend (overnight). Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

I think it will be a bit too soon after the rain to be hitting the forests... everthing will very muddy and wet with fast flowing water in the creeks ect.. But ,hey you may like doing it in the mud with your 4x4.. I have not heard of anything interesting at Chichester except the dam its self.. I think there may be some old mine sites there but have never looked for them myself.. I think Inverell would be better as long as you go very soon before it gets too cold up there... the guys are getting some nice sapphires up that way without having to go bush.. :) ...

Thanks Kawman, I'm thinking I might be better off taking a trip out to Turon River!! Its about the same amount of driving time for me. Is there any feedback on this area??

Cheers

use the search feature at the top left of this page, type in turon river and read the results.. :)

Given Chichester's proximity to the Barrington tops one would think that it would certainly worth a look. Copeland just west of Gloucester was a gold area and panning in the creek may still produce something.

Latest posts