Cheap GPX4500 on Ebay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it is Eski. The harness isn't shiny, there is a well used aftermarket coil and the Seta project DVD is there too. Didn't that get given out in the detector bundle ages ago when the 4500 first came out?
The detector looks well used too.
If it was a fake they probably would have wrapped it around a tree long before it got all its usage marks.

Cheers Mick

Its at a current BID price of $430
thats no indication of what the final price might get bid up to. Ive seen plenty of stories of eBay sellers having multiple & family member accounts pushing bidding up.
Will be interesting to watch this one & see what the final sale price ends up at

DED

Or is a very confident seller who knows it will get up to around it's value... Stay tuned *pulls up a chair, popcorn in hand*

It is possible that it is like our ones we have that we have owned for a long time and do not have the security stickers, when we tried to sell a few years ago no one was interested unless it had the stickers, we were able to supply receipts from Coiltek, we ended up sending the serial numbers to Minelab who confirmed that they were actual Minelab Detectors. We decided to keep both and are they are still in use. Minelab thought that the stickers were introduced around 2013, we have owned ours longer than that. The serial number would be a good check if interested, if that is available.

Graham

Be very surprised if it doesn't hit $3000 or more by the end of the auction. Wouldn't be holding my breath for a bargain there. Standard fleabay tactics I'm afraid. :playful:

There are 2 main bidders fighting it out , trying to outbid each other and it is pushing the $3000 mark really quickly , now.

I have no doubt the detector is real BUT...he has zero feed back and lives in Hamlyn Terrace which begs the questions - is it stolen, does it work and will you receive it?

I'd definitely do a pick up only and try it out before you hand over any cash.

madtuna said:
I have no doubt the detector is real BUT...he has zero feed back and lives in Hamlyn Terrace which begs the questions - is it stolen, does it work and will you receive it?

He does have feedback from past sales but because it's more than a year old, eBay takes it back to zero. :|
It isn't at all encouraging:

1591445936_seooa.jpg

madtuna said:

Its not the first time this one has been auctioned apparently. A bloke I know said he bid on it previously.

I thought it looked real - as a bundle it all adds up , Based on items in the history i would not think it is stolen. Maybe someone of questionable ethics.

At auction commencement, the Buy It Now price was $3,500:
1591567488_seooa2.jpg

When all bids were cancelled, the highest bid was $3,100:
1591567509_seooa1.jpg

My guess is that the seller did a direct deal with the highest bidder outside eBay, to save money on eBay/PayPal fees.

I think you can withdraw a sale from ebay up to 24 hours before the end of an auction without having to pay the fee .

all too odd... if you had 3100 in the bag with time to go why would you list again with a buy it now of 3500?? mmaybe he was dummy bidding and it didn' work out?

Eski said:
all too odd... if you had 3100 in the bag with time to go why would you list again with a buy it now of 3500?? mmaybe he was dummy bidding and it didn' work out?

I don't think the item was relisted. An auction's Buy It Now price (if any), is only shown until the first bid is placed, after which it disappears. I believe cancelling all bids made the listing revert to that starting position and then the seller closed the auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts