Cheap classifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinman98

John Kleinman
Reaction score
Bought one of these for $10.99 with BCF member discount.
1394087654_image.jpg

I've got a few of these and they're very good quality. The only issue is they don't fit into a regular 20ltr bucket.

What were you doing with it Ramjet? I got mine from Bunnings and they feel quite sturdy, in saying that though I've done very little classifying with them so far.

I have tried those ones but they dont center the heavies properly, $20 you can get the steel mesh ones, and after a while they concave and it makes the job of centering the heavies even easier

Nugget said:
What were you doing with it Ramjet? I got mine from Bunnings and they feel quite sturdy, in saying that though I've done very little classifying with them so far.
Maybe he used it as a frog catcher and got more than he bargained for.

charlie123 said:
I have tried those ones but they dont center the heavies properly, $20 you can get the steel mesh ones, and after a while they concave and it makes the job of centering the heavies even easier
Metal one already on the way but this one should work well when crevassing.

Nugget said:

Maybe I'm just hard on equiptment :8

On a similar topic... I have plenty of strong plastic buckets if anyone wants them. Have a painter keeping them for me.
Bucket sieves are good too :) anyone in the lower hunter, let me know and I'll pass them along.

charlie123 said:

We only use these for classifying (potentially) gold bearing material, centering is only an issue if sieving for gemstones.

I got one from Bcf and one of the Bunnings ones, only difference I can see is Bunnings one has two little lugs on top lip. They both fit nicely into a $5
wash tub (also Bunnings). Mal

where ever you dig it is always a good thing to know if your in heavies country, thus centering

Hello all,
I have stainless steel classifiers 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 micron for sale if your looking for high quality long lasting sieves you can follow this link.

http://www.armstrongindustries.com.au/#!stainless-steel-sieve/c10sf

There are deals on full sets and half sets.

If you state you are a member on Prospecting Australia i'll provide a 10% discount.

Regards

Jake Armstrong

Slightly unrelated , but a form of classifying .
When you go out and dig a large area for gold, does anyone get one of those metal rakes from bunnings and first rake over the ground to remove larger rocks of any other materials before then digging up the pay dirt.

Like prescreening

Rake is a good idea, it would be good tool on a dry creek bed; probably need a welded steel handle to put up with the punishment.

Hey Nugget, go over a couple of aisles and pick yourself up a couple of these, they are perfectly matched, support the weight of a loaded sieve and sturdy enough to shake with sieve attached (saving the back). Being a bit flexible they are great for carrying on the hip and tossing some takeaways into the back of the truck.
1395132664_image.jpg

I must admit I do have a crack my bunnings sieve, but it has done some hard work.

Something that can be used that is a more heavy duty is the old aluminium fridge racks mounted on square poly plastic tub shovel straight on.

Latest posts