Cairns local plus a few more as well. LOL

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone my name is Jason been prospecting for about three years no detector shovels buckets pans and my trusty river sluice first two years i found about 2 gm last year i found 17 gm so im getting there learning by my mistakes one step at a time just want to learn more about the infamous yella stuff and meet some new friends who have the fever so take care all and may the gold gods fill your pan ;)

Welcome aboard Jase :) I used to live in Cairns a long time a go but i pussed out after 6 months and moved back to Mexico :) to bloody hot :mad:

Good to see you finally got around to jumping on board.
I'm sure some of the other cairns members will say hello
Cheers Kane

Hello all, I am a newbie to the forum and to gold fever, and I HAVE IT BAD , so, I am recently a retireree without the pension card , getting one will be like gold in itself, I have a metal detector , a creswell bucket thingo , a high banker, a couple of plastic pans and a turbo pan with no idea how its used?? and hopes of finding some gold one day. Spent last Sunday trying my luck for the first time with the detector and struck it rich on the 4th sounding, a 4xxxx gold bottle top in the edge of the river bank, thats going up on my wall of finds. Its an interesting topic and there are many ideas out there on which is the better product to use , some with an explanation, like the man call Wal from canberra, his theories make sense and I assume come from trial and error and experience . My regards to all members .

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
Hello again forgot to mention 2 things, name is John and come from the Campbelltown region in NSW area and into most outdoor recreational sports like hunting and fishing
If your not in cairns, can I ask why you would put your first post here. ( cairns local )
Then again, why would you not start your own post, to introduce yourself, instead of jumping on the back of another.

Gday Jase101,
Good to have another cairns member online. We have a bi monthly coffee meet with other members from the forum at The Miners Den - next one is on the 20th of this month so if you can drop by and say hi in person. Its a very welcoming group, very casual and george will even have the shop open for us that saturday.
There are a few like yourself who stick to alluvial workings (myself included) and more than a few detectorists.
We start at 9am and go until about noon, come along and pick some prospecting minds if you like.

Hope to see you around,
TGW.

Hello XIV, well I suppose its the lack of information on posting posts , for your information I clicked on the introduce yourself post and away i went, thinking i'm in the write area, I did ask for advice on posts as there was no box to do so after my registration was accepted, my question appears to have gone unanswered . well thanks for you friendly welcome

Hi green wanderer yeah iv been meaning to go down for a while when is the next one Kane was all ways trying to get me to go ill make sure that im there .
I met Kane out in the bush about 18 months ago there i was in the creek running my sluice in my own world in two years I'd been prospecting in that creek i never seen a single sole up there a bit hard to hear bugger all over the running creek lol so any way Kane and his m8 scared the hell out of me lol we went out a prospecting a few times learnt quite a bit off of him and had a few laughs alone the way look forward to meeting you all at the next met .

No worries Jase, Ive noticed that we prospectors seem to be solitary types :D
Send me a message if you ever want a tag along on your adventures or maybe ill run into you on one of the creeks around redlynch if im lucky.

Cheers,
TGW.

Spyhunter said:
Hi guys I finally made here ...The name is Gavin .... Hi Kane and Jason and yes I'm a Cairns local :D
good to see you finally made it online and come joined the dark side lol

XIV said:
Spyhunter said:
Hi guys I finally made here ...The name is Gavin .... Hi Kane and Jason and yes I'm a Cairns local :D
good to see you finally made it online and come joined the dark side lol

Thanks yeah finally made it ..... been getting busy putting everything together for another trip but looking at doing the local scene as there have been a few finds of late....always keen for anyone that wants to paddle in the creeks to hook up.

God I miss Cairns!!!! Was there 12 years but not smart enough to get into tectin. Now in Rocky and WTF! Why am I still here, oh that's right.....bloody work!! Anyway just reminiscing and whingin.
Hooroo all
Matt

Hi guys. I am in Cairns and am using a sluice box. Would love some pointers on spots to give a try. All I am getting is black sand. Still learning and loving it.

Welcome ol mate there would be a couple on here that would know about black sand. XIV was sorting black sand when he was still up here

Latest posts