Buying gold and concentrates/paydirt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of interest, how much does it cost to send a bag of "dirt" in the post? Charged on weight or is it a minimum fixed rate based on volume?

Patrick1 said:
RM, I'm working on it.

All good Pat :Y: if you can fix the restrictions I'll definitely vote you in a our next premier :) be nice to have an honest one for a change, obviously that'll be your pitfall 8.(

Don't let my predicament cause you stress/worry like everyone in my boat we'll all come out the other side one way or another :beer:

hippyhunter said:
Just out of interest, how much does it cost to send a bag of "dirt" in the post? Charged on weight or is it a minimum fixed rate based on volume?

You can purchase overnight (depending on where you are and the efficiency of Australia Post it might be weeks :lol: :( 8.( ) or express bags from 1kg upto 3kg from memory, around $11.00 or $12.00 bucks whether it's interstate or local.

Got to say this is fun. I've never panned before. Just tried a couple of tablespoons from one bag and I got 2 little bits showing with plenty more in the pan.

Got to gee up on my skills. Need a snuffer bottle as well.

I'm going to be busy for a while.
Thanks Patrick.

1598163567_20200823_160721.jpg

1598163584_20200823_160717.jpg

I've replied and want you to send me your bank details so I can settle payment :Y: Pat your offer is genuine and there's no need for you to ask me if I'm happy with it before payment. Buyer beware is the case with every transaction of this nature no 2 bags will be the same.

Patrick1 said:
Hard Luck said:
Well I'm rapt. Kept the fever at bay and learning how to pan. I've done one and a bit of 2 bags. Will run the gravels through one more time.
Will definitely pick up some more in due course.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1598244040_20200824_1430590.jpg
Pan it real good....there's very fine gold in it.

Will do for sure Patrick :Y:
Kept it all and will go through it again and again. Had to make a snuffer bottle.

1598250163_20200824_161659.jpg

Latest posts