Builds By Baz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while. I haven't touched the Viper since the first week of lockdown here in Canberra. Ever since, I have been flat out making knives and developing my skills, workflow and tooling. It got us through the worst of it.

Here's the last few I've been working on. I'm hoping soon, to start spending the proceeds on the Viper. I have a few more things going into it before I start fibreglassing the hull.

mQnHvmU.jpg

sA06aNn.jpg

kKmzCDF.jpg

2mrQLfO.jpg

uuPG39r.jpg

F3tEl2a.jpg

rJgmlfQ.jpg

cInirms.jpg

OzzieAu said:
Beautiful knives Baz.
Are any of those Santoku or Nakiri knives available for sale. Im in the market for a new food prep blade.
Cheers

They're all gone mate. Most of them go within minutes, to a couple of hours of announcing completion and availability.

I'm on Facey mate. Blades by Baz.

Baz

02 Feb 2022

Lock-down in Canberra 2021 saw me getting very busy in the forge, madly trying to survive with a bit of extra cash to make it through the tough times, as well as home schooling my kids. Since then, I just havent been able to get back into the swing of things, much less work on the Viper.

Finally, last week I got off my arse and installed a retro-fit radio into the cockpit. The instrument is broken and all the internals are burnt out, but my friend Matt is an aviator and volunteered his kindness to slip in an Arduino-controlled LCD screen with a chosen frequency displayed. (Can you guess what the numbers come from?)

A couple of nights ago I got another mate of mine, James, (of Iron Man electronics fame) to come and tinker some more with the electrics, making it safer and neater than my red wire-black wire skills.

Each night, it is my intention to wire a 12v micro LED into each instrument, to light the faces.

https://www.buildsbybaz.com/cockpit-instrument-lighting/

it1kk8b.jpg

QrQEzk6.jpg

MM4BBFk.jpg

CpvSRlQ.jpg

KQb3ymy.jpg

bRKe7Ti.jpg

Latest posts