Brisbane Weather Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem is ya sending some hot stuff our way ( that sounds weird) wasnt supposed to.
Unless your from a society of enhanced humans caused by the spraying of mind altering chromosomes from the jets that are probably flying off the edge of the earth and disappearing. Only to reappear later. Shit I dont know where .
I got possum to eat.

madtuna said:
madtuna said:
A ring around the moon last night....fingers crossed. A big ring so a few days away.
IT"S RAINING!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :Y: :Y: :Y: :heart: :heart: :heart: :beer: :beer:

Scattered showers all afternoon here too mate. Had the detector making extraneous noises today.

Cheers

Doug

With luck and a bit of healthy exaggeration we may have got 1/2 a mm

add: just got an email from a friend up Garden Well mine on the Northern boundary of the station who said it pounded down for about 30 minutes! So maybe a bit more up the top end :Y:

Nothing to photograph DED... all the drops sort of went "poof" in a little puff of steam as soon as they hit the ground unfortunately.

madtuna said:
Nothing to photograph DED... all the drops sort of went "poof" in a little puff of steam as soon as they hit the ground unfortunately.
unfortunately or otherwise MT, the next real rain you get will probably be the other extreme, when a cyclone remnant takes a dump on you :cloudy: :cloudy:

No rain needed where I am in seq nor is the maori dude dressed up with an Akubra asking for drought relief money. :mad:

Suburbia and there is also a salt water filtration station at tweed heads I think from memory hooked into some dams.

I'm on the outskirts of caboolture.
Have a few horses and cows.
The paddocks are dust ,the tanks are dry and I'm pumping bore water everyday...Sorry mate but SEQ does need rain . :Y:

I went for a walk a couple of days back to check out a government well about 200m away.

1576466129_dust.jpg

The layer just above the horizon is dust stirred up by the wind leading the rain. I actually got wet before I got home and then found Mrs M out in the front yard filming the rain. I have no idea how much we got but it was enough to run off the ground but by the following day there was hardly any sign of it.

Just back from a holiday in China where 4 or 5 times a day trucks watered all the roads in the CBD. And played music to tap your toe to while they went about the day. Continued into the night as well.

Could not help but feel for the drought affected areas here at the HUGE amount of water they use to do this.

Lucky for some I guess.

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

The Tugun Desalination plant has been in full swing at 100% for 6 weeks now... Before that it was running at 40% capacity...
It cannot be turned off and must run water through the pipes, otherwise some pipes and the Iso Filters will rust... Some idiot in Government thought Non-stainless pipes, Valves and Ventilation Ductwork would save some $$... Ended up costing 3 times what it should have... :argh:

It is connected to the South East QLD Water Grid and all who live here has been drinking De-sal water it since it opened...... :lol:

LW...

Latest posts