Brisbane Weather Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaros

In Remembrance Nov. 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew!! we just had the biggest little blow in town Nearly 60klm gusts of wind, very heavy rain, hailstones the size of 50c pieces.
Lost 4 roll up blinds, 2 windows with 4 hole thru them. The rain + hail came in at approx. 40 degrees from horizontal with splinters in behind the computer. Didn't have any damage to the ham radio gear, its' in a safe corner.
Cheers, :eek: :p

Jaros said:
Whew!! we just had the biggest little blow in town Nearly 60klm gusts of wind, very heavy rain, hailstones the size of 50c pieces.
Lost 4 roll up blinds, 2 windows with 4 hole thru them. The rain + hail came in at approx. 40 degrees from horizontal with splinters in behind the computer. Didn't have any damage to the ham radio gear, its' in a safe corner.
Cheers, :eek: :p

Bugger!! - glad the Amateur radio gear survived tho. Did you lose any antenna's?

cheers

Barry (VK2DLI)

I was at the girlfriends place at Mango Hill and pulled into the driveway just as the first hailstone fell. Was as big as if not bigger then a golf ball, luckily they have nice neighbours and they let me pull into their garage.

They were big balls, even my dog looked up and said "Jesus". He can talk a little-in a storm.
The wind gusted up to 140klm in spots. Got a hailstone like kids do to show the wife, in the freezer.
:eek: :eek: :p

Didn't think of that till it was too late. :(
We did have a little stuffy puppy come running to us for cover, so we looked after it till the hail passed, then had the owner running the streets, went straight past our house so i had to chase him down the block to tell him we had his little girl, he was extremely grateful we looked after her. :D

Yeah unfortunately I have to wait till I move out with the missus before I'm allowed to get my puppy 8.( , she is a bit hesitant cause I told her I want either a great dane or a staffy. :)

We missed it out here in Ippy,
Sorta hoping to get a bit of rain to water the garden, er desert I mean, flaming dry as.
Heading out to gather a few more rocks and a bit of dirt tomorrow so I hope it holds off until I get home.
Saw the flash flood in one of the stations in the city, man that was a lota coming out of the sky.
Hope all is well.
Brad....

This will keep those "Wicked Campers" out of the park area. There have been the occasional swagmen living in the park with the Public Toilet facilities and free water/barbecues all on hand.

yes Jaros, my lawn last weekend was crackling under my feet and this morning it is lush green and now I may need to mow it once the "lake" subsides. River next to the house has gone from bone dry to 6' deep and 20' wide with white water, love it.
Stay dry all.
Mackka

silver said:
Oh, its comming. 8)

Just heard the entire coast of NSW is on flood watch. I hope it does arrive at my place, dams could certainly do with a top up.

We got 60mm since midnight here in Sydney, wind is hitting hard now, it's supposed to deteriorate tonight though as the low intensifies.

Rain was welcome up here in Yeppoon, I actually dug my first plug for a long time and was able to go for the deeper stuff and not destroy the ground.
It all happened at night too so I didn't miss any digging time because of it. :)

Forecast is for a Sunny week so probably be back to using a concrete saw for next weekends group hunt. :(

Enjoy the soft ground everyone!

Happy Hunting

Latest posts