Brexit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
I heard this morning on radio that some of the "BIG Money WIGS" in the world that cleaned up in the GFC crisis were again involved in this outcome.

Undervalued Australian bank shares were there for the taking circa GFC. Some people took risks, some cashed in and hid it under the matress. ;)

Im actually pretty happy that the UK had a vote to decide this issue. It would have sucked if the government just made a call, and did it, one way or the other.
I am pretty happy with the result to. It was like the EU was a UN experiment to see if the world could unite, bit of a precurser to the one world governing body, and I actually fear that, so good on the UK!

They keep telling everyone to be calm and the pound against the dollar was alright the other day and once the arguing started then it went tits up from there and again the told them to keep calm, and today 34 Labour lot have resigned and the Pound against the US Dollar drop like a stone, It should of been about $145 to the pound but 2 days before Brexit someone sent it up to $1.50 and now it's about 1.32 to the pound, I've seen a Tassie Devil that was more calm than this lot.

john

Now there has bee 44 resigned, the world is a funny place when you consider the whole mess is about people who can't have there own way on either side,

never mind because while they are doing that they are leaving the rest of the world alone and tomorrow is another day, every cloud has a silver lining.

John

There was a classic cartoon in the herald sun here the other day RR. It had the UK voters portrayed as a demure woman in bed waking up and looking back to a naked, rough headed Boris Johnson the morning after who was saying 'good morning darlin".

The morning after regrets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1467079400_brexit.jpg

Chewy, you are correct, but only where a producer thinks it'll be a sustained increase. Related to this is the example of below.
Whilst some like to buy bullion, the smarter bet iMO is to buy shares. For example:
1. Price of gold rises from $1500 to $1700 per ounce. Profit (before buy/sell costs and capital gains - if applicable) = 200/1500 = 13.3%.
2. Cost of gold production = $1300 per ounce (just an estimate), so the producer's profits rise from $200 to $400 per ounce. That's a 100% increase in profits to shareholders (before tax and buy/sell costs).
Of course shares are a longer term proposition due to delays in certificate issuance etc.

I thought England was paying something like 700 Million pounds a month to the EU and every proposal they put forward was knocked back?
In other words, the food analogy above, is that some of the good stuff in the big pile, should move over to join the baked beans now that England has departed (or decided to) All the young who are not happy, and bagging out the old folk for voting to leave, forget that the old folks fought a war so that they CAN have a vote, dispespectful buggers!

The old folk were also young when they voted to stay back in the 70's so it's their prerogative to vote themselves back out again. :p
Jon

davent said:
I thought England was paying something like 700 Million pounds a month to the EU and every proposal they put forward was knocked back?
In other words, the food analogy above, is that some of the good stuff in the big pile, should move over to join the baked beans now that England has departed (or decided to) All the young who are not happy, and bagging out the old folk for voting to leave, forget that the old folks fought a war so that they CAN have a vote, dispespectful buggers!

Yeah mate, At the time of the Vote Britain pain 700,000,000 AUD or 350,000,000 Per Week, which is 18,2 Billion pounds a year or 36.4 Billion AUD, but the current exchange rate has dropped,

Yeah I have heard a few Ankle Biters come out that old people shouldn't be allowed to Vote and there Idea of is anyone older than there 20s Cheeky little $%ks, I think if he had said it to me he would of still been waking up,

My Dad spent his 21st Birthday in Changy building that Bridge over the River Kwai and my Uncle got a hole in his back big enough to put ya Fist in and the back of his Skull blown off in Germany and they threw him in a Pit and threw Quick Lime over him and the only way he could stop him self from Screaming was to bite in to the body below him, He crawled out and when he was rescued the Hospital put a steel plate in his head, They both live till the 60s/70s.

Kids Today stab people and worse and they seem to think life is like a PlayStation or an X-box where they can press RESET and start all over again, Over here 13 and 14 year olds are doing 15 and 25 years for murder, that has happened about 4 times in the past year alone, With the birth of computers kids have learned that if you click a button its done or you can re-do it and they have No patients for real life and have no Idea what it is involved, They keep spouting off how much smarter than us they are yet Not one of them has the Brains to work out what Democracy Means, They all seem to think that it means they get what they want and that because the leave people won with 51.9% with a lead 3.8% over their 48.1% and the latest line is that it was only 51% lower it to a smaller number to make it sound marginal, what they fail to see is that the leave people won by about 1.3 million votes and the Fact remains they would have to have won by Law even if it was 1 Vote, College and Uni educated and not one of them has a clue about any of It, The EU is one issue but if this lot are the future of this country then this country will fade in to a Mad Max type of Life style.

John

Not knocking, just enjoying passing on some humour amongst all the doom. Heh!!!! but you Poms can laugh at yourselves can`t you?????, I know you can cause that is where us Ozies get it from.

Norvic said:
Not knocking, just enjoying passing on some humour amongst all the doom. Heh!!!! but you Poms can laugh at yourselves can`t you?????, I know you can cause that is where us Ozies get it from.

I am an Aussie, I just live here, But your right you have to have a sense of humour, After 5000 years they would have to have to learn to laugh at them selves, The excuses that they have been coming out with has given me many hours of enjoyment, It would make a great comedy series', It's like Monty Python, "It's Only a Flesh Wound" Lol

John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

I just love the satire and how quickly it comes out when there is a lot of doom and gloom about.

Latest posts