BOSS AU flow rate????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, dose anyone know the optimal flow rate for the BOSS AU sluice from Angus Mackirk in LPM or GPH?????

CHEERS :)

Hey goldagettin, I run a 3700 gph bilge with my set up, and I suggest that would be minimum. Well that's what it's rated at, prob really does only around 3000gph. That puts prob around 25 mm flow through the sluice, and they recommend 37 to 50 mm from memory. Still seems to work ok, and is catching the gold, hope that helps

hey goldagettin I run two bilges in together totaling 5000 gph and its not really enough, well it is but more is better, you need a lot of water that the reality doesn't need to be moving fast just needs lots of it :)

Thanks guys.

The pump I bought has a flow rate of around 200lpm = 3000gph. So it looks like I'll have to look at getting a smaller sluice more suited to the pump I already have or get a bigger pump. I went with the 1 1/2" pump to keep the weight down (around 9kg)

I just had a thought!!!!!!

What if I set the system up like a dredge??? As in, have the outlet from the pump run to the sluice like a power jet.. It would have two suction points, one feeding the pump and another feeding the sluice but they both would have foot valves instead of the second having a suction nozzle.??????

would that increase the flow enough??????

help :/ :/

what happens if the water height isnt up around the 2 inch mark?? could you just run it with a little more angle?

I'm not too sure but too much angle and you run the risk of gold rolling / tumbling out of the sluice box. You need to find that balance between angle and flow for optimal performance.

Screen your material into a smaller partical size will help you get away with a small volume pump.
The Angus Mac sluices don't retain fine gold very well under high flow and pressure.
I have owned and used the full range at some point or another.

Latest posts