Bingara NSW Fossicking / Prospecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive done a bit there. Ruby hill is deceptive as it actually holds Garnets. You can find tonnes of garnets there very easily.If your lazy just go onto the hill and find some areas where people have already dug, there normally just sitting there waiting. Theres still a fair bit of gold in upper bigarra but it has been worked pretty hard. Head up into the hills around upper bingarra and work the smaller feeder streams you should scratch up a bit of colour. If you dont mind paying go see the guys at 3 creeks mine, hes pretty knowledgable about the area and his place is a working mine.

Hi all I have to go over to bingara this week just an over night trip and was wondering if anyone has done any gold and gem fossicking over there. I was after some mud maps as I will only have about 6 hours to do a bit for myself. I am really interested in diamonds from the area but would be happy with any finds while I am there. any help would be great.
Thanks Mick

I think there is a Bush camp there w/e of 27th September... New to this forum so not sure if it is on the calendar.
Cheers Happy Camper

Theres a public diamond fossicking area not far from Copeton dam. Ive been there twice and found nothing but I had no idea what I was looking for. as for gold I head up to upper bingarra.

Gday all.
I'm heading to bingara to have a search, its a new area for me, i normally head to the GT or out to warwick here in SE Queensland.
It'll be nice to find some yellow or gems in a new place. I'm booked into the caravan park for 3 days next week.
My google earth is playing up and i can't tell where i can go legally, are there any maps like doug stone for that area. I have the big doug stone atlas but it doesn't have the area in it. If anyone has a copy of a map it'd be appreciated, even better if your secret spots are still marked on it. I'll be taking the detectors and the highbanker.
Have a great week
Pirateandy

hi all im new to this hobby panned up a little nugget/speck the size off the letters in this sentence and also a 6 or so sand size specks panning about 4 buckets worth .love this new adventure, but is it worth even panning in Rushworth?, the local shops don't sell any panning or gold equipment?also in the 8 hours or so panning not one person sighted? around the area , don't get me wrong its never easy to get gold, don't expect you guys to give me your honey hole , I know the basics but would love some help in where is the best area to pan in Rushworth?, not expecting miracles, just some fun, also how are the gold detectors these days? are they any good around heavily mineral deposits like iron ore had a lend of a Garett that's 8 years old , man getting faulse readings. constantly its going off been playing around with the controls nothing helps, are the new detectors better looking at a Garrett All Terrain GOLD for about 1300 bucks there is also a Garrett ALL TERAIN MAX not sure which one to get, any help would be great , or someone to show me the ropes would me nice , happy to shout you a slab of beer if you can hook me up with a area that's good for panning I can go out for the day anyway any help would be great :beer:

Latest posts