Beach, Park, Relic hunting Shovels / Spades - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Jobe knife for cutting thru tree roots etc. Guess where it's getting used most..............................................
My wife uses it in the garden for weeding, bum bugger, bxxxh. :p
Jaros :lol:

gedanate said:
It is used for digging up coins that are under turf. You cut the turf carefully, scoop out the hole, replace the plug of soil and cover it over again with the grass turf.

It is called a Lesche Digging Shovel.

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...-shovel/digging-pick-scoop-trowel-shovel.html

There is also a saw-tooth Lesche digging tool. It looks like a very wide saw-toothed dagger!

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/lesche-saw-tooth-digging-tool.html

thx heaps gedanate much appreciated .

i think i might be better ordering from predator tools direct gold search have such a crazy mark up on all thier stuff .if i want a raven 25 it will cost me $150 delivered from predator but if i buy it from gold search its gonna cost me $229 + $16 postage thats crazy !.thats like $95 extra im paying :(.

hey guys was going to get a raven 25 spade from gold search but i think i might be better ordering from predator tools direct gold search have such a crazy mark up on all thier stuff .if i want a raven 25 it will cost me $150 delivered from predator direct but if i buy it from gold search its gonna cost me $229 + $16 postage thats crazy !.thats like $95 extra im paying :(.

blakegarv said:
if i want a raven 25 it will cost me $150 delivered from predator direct

Nope, USD97.95 for the Raven + USD55.00 for shipping to Australia = USD152.95 total (http://www.predatortools.com/item_details.asp?ID=61)

The Aussie vs USD exchange rate is way less than USD1 = AUD1, so the cost today (without bank exchange charges), would be more like AUD205. :rolleyes:

grubstake said:
blakegarv said:
if i want a raven 25 it will cost me $150 delivered from predator direct

Nope, USD97.95 for the Raven + USD55.00 for shipping to Australia = USD152.95 total (http://www.predatortools.com/item_details.asp?ID=61)

The Aussie vs USD exchange rate is way less than USD1 = AUD1, so the cost today (without bank exchange charges), would be more like AUD205. :rolleyes:

Total cost with shipping is 156.95 it would go out by us mail and takes about 2 weeks to get there . this is the email george sent me .but maybe he meant usd .man i just cant believe they can charge that much for a shovel how you suppose to profit from metal detecting when the equiptment is worth more than you find lol :).

You obviously dont own a GPZ then lol. Lets face it, not many are ever going to make their money back on prospecting. If you want good tools, you have to pay for them or make them yourself.

While I am a bit of a tight wad and tend to make most of my stuff, I dont mind spending a little more to get either the quality or service I want/need.

I am also a small business owner and to stay in business you have to make money. I dont think their pricing is over the top. They have to carry the stock and bear the costs involved until they are sold. If you can, try to support local small business.

I'm Having the same Issue with the ML dealerships, 2 or 3 months ago because I wanted to buy the GPX4800 and they have put the price up to $7200.94 but I was thinking about going for the 5K but they up the price to $9471.18 and the ZED has gone up by another $900.00,I guess I will have to put it off for another 6 month while I Build up the Bank Balance.
I guess thats a sign of the times we live in.

John

Ridge Runner said:
I'm Having the same Issue with the ML dealerships, 2 or 3 months ago because I wanted to buy the GPX4800 and they have put the price up to $7200.94 but I was thinking about going for the 5K but they up the price to $9471.18 and the ZED has gone up by another $900.00,I guess I will have to put it off for another 6 month while I Build up the Bank Balance.

John

ye i was a huge minelab supporter for a few yrs but minelab have gone stupid with thier prices being in electronics myself i know that the gpz7000 and the ctx cost no where near the amount they are charging for them and it really pissed me off to think the company i supported for yrs charged $2700 for a ctx 3030 and when i got the machine i realised that they havent got a fast enough cpu in the machine to make it recover faster and keep its numbers stable .when they said better recovery speed i thought it would be $2700 worth recovery speed not some slow recovery that still misses coins if you sweep to fast as a result i sold it i was extremely angry and felt ripped off by a company i supported and only spoke good of for years .

then i got a deus and i tried it the first day and i knew the thing was quality and it had a fast cpu in it .i dont think ill ever buy another minelab till they drop the price and put faster processors in thier metal detectors to keep up with the 100 frequencys because at the moment the ctx is a insult to people who understand electronics and i was loyal to minelab but not when they gonna do that to thier customers and charge the earth for something that is clearly not worth 10k and almost 3k .i may not be the brightest tool in the shed but im far from stupid .

these guys with ctxs dont understand just how slow the machine is at recovering stuff till they vs a deus a machine with the right cpu and processing power .

blakegarv said:
Ridge Runner said:

John

ye i was a huge minelab supporter for a few yrs but minelab have gone stupid with thier prices being in electronics myself i know that the gpz7000 and the ctx cost no where near the amount they are charging for them and it really pissed me off to think the company i supported for yrs charged $2700 for a ctx 3030 and when i got the machine i realised that they havent got a fast enough cpu in the machine to make it recover faster and keep its numbers stable .when they said better recovery speed i thought it would be $2700 worth recovery speed not some slow recovery that still misses coins if you sweep to fast as a result i sold it i was extremely angry and felt ripped off by a company i supported and only spoke good of for years .

then i got a deus and i tried it the first day and i knew the thing was quality and it had a fast cpu in it .i dont think ill ever buy another minelab till they drop the price and put faster processors in thier metal detectors to keep up with the 100 frequencys because at the moment the ctx is a insult to people who understand electronics and i was loyal to minelab but not when they gonna do that to thier customers and charge the earth for something that is clearly not worth 10k and almost 3k .i may not be the brightest tool in the shed but im far from stupid .

these guys with ctxs dont understand just how slow the machine is at recovering stuff till they vs a deus a machine with the right cpu and processing power .

I Love the GP/GPX and the SDC machines, They did what could not be Done and that was Almost Tame The Bush and that is No Mean Feat,??
I had the same Issue with Recovery Too Because I was Missing Too Many Targets, Here I can have 15-20-25 Targets In One Sweep Of the Coil, And all of my BBS and FBS machines Punished me Big Time even Smaller Coils did not help,

The Ideal machine would Have the Recovery of An XP and the Ground Balance of A GPX/MXT and the DISC of the XP/V3i/CTX.

John

BlakeGarv, I think you are missing the point. This all comes down to pure economics.

One thing you have to remember (and I am not saying that perhaps you are paying a little for the Minelab name) is that its not just about the cost of the electronics. I have worked in the electronics game for nearly all my life and I know exactly how much the electronics would cost.
But what you havent taken in to account is the cost of R&D. The cost of getting the enclosures designed and the associated tooling of machines. I have a friend who workes for a company who worked on the Go Find enclosures. A lot of money was invested there alone. There is also the associated legal costs of patents and (as we all know) the vigorous defending of those patents. Advertising and the list goes on.

These are not a volume product where you have a small profit but huge turnover to re-coup costs. If you have a look at the actual cost of steel and plastic in a modern car, it is about 1/5 or less than the actual price you pay for one. Electronic components are cheap. Very cheap. But what goes in to the design etc has to be paid for to have a viable company that will continue to operate in the future.

The same goes for your original comment on Goldsearch. If you want a business to stay in business, they have to make money. It seems everyone wants something for nothing.

Now on the CTX comment - I am pretty sure the processor is fast enough. The programming of that chip may not be up to what you are expecting but I am sure the electronics themselves are fast enough.

Ridge Runner said:
blakegarv said:
Ridge Runner said:

John

I Love the GP/GPX and the SDC machines, They did what could not be Done and that was Almost Tame The Bush and that is No Mean Feat,??
I had the same Issue with Recovery Too Because I was Missing Too Many Targets, Here I can have 15-20-25 Targets In One Sweep Of the Coil, And all of my BBS and FBS machines Punished me Big Time even Smaller Coils did not help,

The Ideal machine would Have the Recovery of An XP and the Ground Balance of A GPX/MXT and the DISC of the XP/V3i/CTX.

John

i totally agree with you and couldnt of said it better myself i would have guys who had used the ctx for 2+yrs go over a park twice then i would go over it with my deus and i would pull up about 30 coins after them and they would be left scratching thier head .the problem is the fbs technology if you sweep faster than 4 seconds you miss coins and to expect someone to sweep a machine 4 seconds each way that weighs 2.5lbs is rediculas you would be there all day .the fbs technology is highly flawed and i realised this by doing some tests and realising that the processor isnt fast enough for the machine or the frequencys .it really pissed me off hey i was fuming .

when i got the deus i though finally a campany that puts the goods in thier detectors the deus is unlike anything i used .i dont care about accurate ids if my metal detector is missing targets .

Latest posts