Beach find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinman98

John Kleinman
Reaction score
Today I took the ATX for a swing at Culburra beach. Spent about 1 1/2 hours there and found 3 bottle caps and a tent peg. I was digging next to an older woman enjoying the afternoon and got a real deep signal. I had dug about 500mm when the lady asked if I was digging to china. Next shovel load came out with a chinese tent peg. She thought that was quite funny. Anyway I was just about to give up when she said I should check where she was sitting so I did when she got up. Well. To my surprise I got a pretty strong signal and sure enough I found my target at about 350mm deep. Not much but it beats bottle caps and chinese tent pegs.
1386925957_image.jpg

I think it is silver.

It sounds like you need to change beaches mate, but with that aside well done on your find :). How big is it?

Great find K98 and obviously getting great depth with the ATX.
Looks impressive hope it is silver, need our careless beach goers to invest in more expensive jewellery and we need some hot weather (down our way at least) to get them do to the beaches.
Cheers Tom

kleinman98 said:
Today I took the ATX for a swing at Culburra beach. Spent about 1 1/2 hours there and found 3 bottle caps and a tent peg. I was digging next to an older woman enjoying the afternoon and got a real deep signal. I had dug about 500mm when the lady asked if I was digging to china. Next shovel load came out with a chinese tent peg. She thought that was quite funny. Anyway I was just about to give up when she said I should check where she was sitting so I did when she got up. Well. To my surprise I got a pretty strong signal and sure enough I found my target at about 350mm deep. Not much but it beats bottle caps and chinese tent pegs.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1471/1386925957_image.jpg
I think it is silver.

Maaate!!! that was the honey pot - she planted that for sure, bet she's there next time you're on the beach ;) ;)

casper said:
kleinman98 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1471/1386925957_image.jpg
I think it is silver.

Maaate!!! that was the honey pot - she planted that for sure, bet she's there next time you're on the beach ;) ;)
Nah just coincidence. That ring had been there a long time

Nice work kleinman98!
I'm heading to QLD in a couple of weeks and I'll be allowed to use my new Garrett AT Pro International (wife won't let me touch it till my 40th :( ). I'm going to try and hit a few beaches while I'm there, I hope I pick up a ring or 2 :p

SF

Silver_Fox said:
Nice work kleinman98!
I'm heading to QLD in a couple of weeks and I'll be allowed to use my new Garrett AT Pro International (wife won't let me touch it till my 40th :( ). I'm going to try and hit a few beaches while I'm there, I hope I pick up a ring or 2 :p

SF
Good luck. Just tell the misses that she can have the first ring you find and all will be sweet. My wife loves the silver ring I found on the beach yesterday but then she is easy to please.

That's where I'm going wrong... I don't let the wife have any of my silver rings.... they all sit in a jar :p

SF

Dont worry. She will want to upgrade once you find a gold one with a big rock hanging off it.

Actually, I have fond 2 gold rings, a 9ct wedding band and a 18ct with 5 diamonds which she has claimed...
Its most probably why I still have the silver lol
SF
kleinman98 said:
Dont worry. She will want to upgrade once you find a gold one with a big rock hanging off it.

mozzie1957 said:
Nice find John :) I hope swingin' the ATX isn't tirin' you out too much?
Its ok with the strap. I have just finished making a new strap and modifying a camel back to suit and will test it all out in the next few days.

kleinman98 said:
mozzie1957 said:
Nice find John :) I hope swingin' the ATX isn't tirin' you out too much?
Its ok with the strap. I have just finished making a new strap and modifying a camel back to suit and will test it all out in the next few days.

Yeah, funny strap set-up. I tried one yesterday, heavy bugger. And I'm not built like Arnie Schwarzwhat's-his'name. Was gonna get one for the missus(so I could pinch it an' get wet)
but it'd be too much for her. Not much of her. Think'n I'll prob get her the little AT Gold.

Yeah I dont think dont think it will be too popular with slightly built ladies. Especially without the strap. But the supplied strap is uncomfortable so that is why I decided to modify the Camel Back. I will post pictures soon.

Joshwasere said:
Thats a real beauty mate is this your 1st ring with the ATX?
Thanks Josh. Its the first ring I found around Nowra. I found 2 at Wollongong previously with the ACE250.

Latest posts