Beach detecting with kids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavyBob

Robert Cocks
Reaction score
Hi all,

well I was to go to do some beach detecting with a grandson on Saturday but it didn't happen. So the whole family went on Sunday and what a wonderful fathers day for us all.
We went to the Southern end of Wollongong's main beach and I was able to dig up detectors so the kids shared one between two of them and the grandson who missed out on the Saturday trip was my "dig buddy". So here we are 4 detectors and eighth of us detecting, two seven year olds, two nine year olds, two eleven year olds and me and my dig mate. What a truly magic and special day, we got $16.40 in coins(spent on ice crmes) a set of house keys and an empty 2lt milk container full of junk items.

I think I have converted most of the kids to the dark side of detecting, ha, ha. The two older girls want to go with me looking for gold next, magic!

I was amazed how quickly the kids picked up the subtle tone changes with the detector so quickly! :eek:

Bob. :)

good to hear you had a great fathers day and one of my local beaches produced some coins for you. :D