barrington tops geodes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have identified this rock as rhyolite.. we found a lot of it on a high bench all water rounded .. the white colour varys from sample to sample from white, green and a very pale pink. all have the same looking quartz thru them.. all of these rocks are to be found in what looks like some kind of decomposing conglomerate.. I will post a pic tomorrow of the conglomerate with several colours.. this is a white piece...

Hey guys,

Im heading up for a solo camping trip to Barrington Tops from 16 - 19 April. Im a young guy and keen on a fossick. Ive mapped out a few spots to check out to go fossicking and 4wding too :) If anyone wants to join and check out a spot to fossick it would be great. Im part of a lapidary club in Sydney but im quite new to fossicking, so learning new things step by step.

Thanks for sharing guys. Hope to see ya out there sometime :)

Jason

I should add that if you can gain permission to enter private land there are geodes on mount magrami next to gloucester up to 300 mm dia.. they are quartz lined.... saw some the other day.. :)

Latest posts