Back Outback..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this..
1628650112_resized_20210810_132901.jpg

To this..
1628650159_resized_20210811_124339.jpg

:cool:

LoneWolf said:
Don't want to up-set the Natives.... Look what happened at Mintabie... :/

LW....

The aborigines do not own the land and we do not own the land and he/she who created it has not put it up for sale...The smartest and strongest, human or otherwise will rule supreme. That is how it is and how it will always be.

If the aborigines think they are the caretakers then they better start care taking......Big Time.

20xwater said:
I was told the the elder representative of the local tribe said that opal is the 5hit of a dream time serpent they don't want anything to do with..
Some of the stories the blackfellas I worked wiIh up north told me they really believed and others were just to take the piss at my expense. I slowly got better at working it out but it took me a while. One of their favourite ways to have a laugh was also teaching me rude words in there local language and getting me to say it over the radio, stupid me thinking it meant turtle or something else Some of the things I said in front of our foreman omg :8 :lol:

@Adrian,

Interesting article and thanks for sharing.

I wonder if this would help when looking for opals, based on the radiometric layer on the government's nationalmap website?

Jaros said:
I have no experience with opals but aren't these very pale--how do they make them brilliant if they come to them like this? :(
Question answered in the for sale thread.

Latest posts