Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nucopia said:
Convict Isaac Nichols appointed as Australia's first postmaster.
If correct, shakergt can have my turn ..
Thats what I was looking for. Isaac Nichols received mail from the incoming ships to place the receiver name in the gazette to get them to pick their mail up from George Street Sydney. Original start of Australia Post All yours shakergt.

This might be easy but I will give it a go

Who invented me, what year and what was the invention? I would think most australian homes have at least one of these.

Torture rack, Invented by the Duke of Exceter John Holland in 1442.

Or is that just my house?

I'm sure I saw a photo of one of our members in a freezer at your place mad tuna. Now you say a torture chamber. Remind me never to visit you

:playful:

At this time of year lots of these will be in use

Not the Hills Hoist either. The hills hoist was originally patented by Gilbert Toyne. the invention I am looking for was three decades after the hills hoist This item was lost to many other manufacturers as the it was not patented.

Manpa said:
Frank Brannigan and Peter Talbot Kambrook Powerboard in 1972

Correct manpa

1972 Power board Peter Talbot, working under Frank Bannigan atKambrook, invented the power board. This allows multiple electrical devices to be powered where only a single wall socket is available. This is a well-known example of failing to protect intellectual property. Kambrook was more interested in immediate commercial release than patenting its idea and has never received any royalties from this now ubiquitous product

Latest posts