Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Archimedes said:
Thanks Ward, Very generous.

Here is one that will perhaps prove to be controversial and indicate how times have changed. When I was in year 9 at school (mid 70's) our geography teacher gave us a task to find the names of Australian towns based on the clues he gave.

So what town am I based on this clue "Uncle Remus takes a walk?
Nah... it indicates that times haven't really changed...you used the same clue. It also indicates your geography teacher was a real d!ck.

Probably a better clue for Coonamble is "aboriginal word for bullsh!t

Come on Madtuna and Reg. This topic is about history. Please keep to the theme. Ive learnt so much about Australia now because of this topic as we all know History repeats itself as we havent learned from the past

Ward69 said:
Come on Madtuna and Reg. This topic is about history. Please keep to the theme. Ive learnt so much about Australia now because of this topic as we all know History repeats itself as we havent learned from the past

With all due respect Ward, yep I agree this is the history thread and should be kept to the theme.

BUT no thread be it the history thread or any other thread should there be any excuse for racism. The clue was distinctly racist and should not be tolerated by anyone.

I will call it out every time no matter where I see it. My late wife was indigenous, what he would call a "coon". Forgive me if it gets right up my nose.

Ward69, so you say "come on, this topic is about history". If you've learned so much about history from this topic it just goes to show that your education was severely lacking. You can just shrug off snide little racist comments because it does not effect you, well good for you, but you do not have to put up with this belittling sort of crap that relates to your culture and history.
Don't preach to me about keeping to a theme. I will call out racism where ever I see it because it is a cancer on society, and if you have a supremacist attitude then there is a supposed gold forum that caters to such hateful rubbish. You are old enough to know better.

Dear guys Its not my intent. At all. I knew nothing about the question asked. Totally agree about racism, my wife is from the Philippines, Lets keep this great topic open. Apologies

Gentlemen, my sincerest apologies, I can see that the answering of this question has caused some angst and this was definitely not my intention, I like Madtuna have an indigenous relative, my recently arrived grand daughter whom I love dearly.
Can we please move the Australian History topic forward, if we cant, that would be a great shame.

Once again my apologies if I have caused anyone any offense.

All good Ward and Manpa thanks.

My problem was not with either of you pair but with Archimedes. He said it was from a list of about 39 questions, but he chose that one. He also stated he knew it might be controversial but still chose that one.

He also mentioned political correctness, it's nothing to do with political correctness - something I'm often not real good at nor a fan of. It's pure racism, something that can't be tolerated and needs to be called out when ever it rears it's ugly head.

I agree, lets get the thread back where it should be.

Latest posts