Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Ken...not saying your wrong...but I am led to believe through my source that the first 'official ' one was issued in the field ...not in Melbourne. It's the name of that place that that I am seeking, my source leads to me believe other than the answer you gave...I'll give it a little time to see who else might have an answer that might collate with what I have in mind and then we can sort it!...Anybody else to have a stab... :cool:

Yes RockRat that correlates with my source which is of course Wikileaks.....'The Australian gold rushes'...gold was shown to Webb Richmond at the very site of the find, who was acting on behalf of the 'Gold Committee'which had offered 200 pounds to the discovery of the first payable gold.Louis John Michel and party were the lucky ones involved. And they collected some 1000 pounds. Accordingly, the 1st licence was issued on the field on the 1st of September 1851.

Wikileaks it was, a gold mine of information, good Question reefer.

:poop: my question is; ....what mineral am i ?

i am a mineral that keeps the business end of a mosquito sharp.
1538045888_mossie.jpg

no sorry, not carbon, carbon is not a mineral,
carbon is an element, atomic number 6.
carbon has many forms, Diamond is one
and its considered a mineral.

i'll have fries with that :/

i am a bit off topic (history)
sorry about that :argh:

no, not calcium,
this mineral is one of
the most abundant on earth.
you will look at it, see it and
use its by products everyday.
And admire its beauty in many forms. :pickshovel:

What and where am I?

This was extensively a settled pastoral area when two sailors first discovered gold here in 1854 that caused my establishment, which then followed on to the creation of a new town of 139 buildings and 2,100 people within four years.

Wow! Very warm Manpa! Not quite what I was chasing though.

I was named after a battle during the Crimean War.

Latest posts