Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am I?
I can be found on a foot of land. ( a little bit cryptic )
I have grown since my declaratioN
Mining has ceased within my boundaries
I am named after a small abandoned town which was the hub of the mine
There are at least four shipwrecks around my coastline and two surf beaches
Three lakes support stromatolites
I am three hours from a mainland capital city by road.
Over 300 species of native flora and over 100 species of native birds within my boundary

What am I?
I can be found on a foot of land. ( a little bit cryptic )
I have grown since my declaratioN
Mining has ceased within my boundaries
I am named after a small abandoned town which was the hub of the mine
There are at least four shipwrecks around my coastline and two surf beaches
Three lakes support stromatolites
I am three hours from a mainland capital city by road.
Over 300 species of native flora and 100 species of native birds within my boundary
I am in SA

Correct xcvator, over to you

What am I?
I can be found on a foot of land. ( a little bit cryptic ) ---------------Take a look at Yorke Peninsula
I have grown since my declaratioN ------------------------------------ has been added to three times
Mining has ceased within my boundaries ------------------------------ Gypsum Mining
I am named after a small abandoned town which was the hub of the mine ----Inneston
There are at least four shipwrecks around my coastline and two surf beaches ----Ethel, Marion, Ferret, Hougomont
Three lakes support stromatolites -----------------------------------------Inneston, Marion and Deep
I am three hours from a mainland capital city by road.-------------------- just on 300kms
Over 300 species of native flora and 100 species of native birds within my boundary
I am in SA

No
No
No
What is my name ?
I was the home to a (mythical ?) family
You are going to have to steel yourself here, go back to rudimentary detective work and be very selective with your answer.

Latest posts