Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All too ambiguous for me, it's a horse (dead) but not a horse, I'm assuming it was a pacer so I'll try the introduction of the mobile starting barriers at Harold Park.
Not sure how that fits in with any of the other clues though.

Manpa said:
All too ambiguous for me, it's a horse (dead) but not a horse, I'm assuming it was a pacer so I'll try the introduction of the mobile starting barriers at Harold Park.
Not sure how that fits in with any of the other clues though.

Nope to your conclusion, yes to 'a pacer/trotter' (as the clue, not the answer)

the horse is the only 4 time winner of the Inter-dominon and there is now a cup named in it's honour. ]:D

oh really! :8 still... the answer I'm giving is the about the cup not the horse...you know....the race itself.and or the Hall of Fame... :p

oh really! :8 still... the answer I'm giving is the about the cup not the horse...you know....the race itself.and or the Hall of Fame... :p but of course Blacks a Fake is the Cup I refer to...I cannot see it as being anything other then along those lines. :rolleyes:

oops!sorry for the double-down answer to your post Manpa...it comes out of frantic confusion and frustration...Ithink sometimes there comes a time when you just have to step out from cover and shoot from the hip! ]:D :lol:

reefer said:
oh really! :8 still... the answer I'm giving is the about the cup not the horse...you know....the race itself.and or the Hall of Fame... :p but of course Blacks a Fake is the Cup I refer to...I cannot see it as being anything other then along those lines. :rolleyes:
Go for it, what's your answer? What s the Cups name? This set of clues has been driving me mad.

Me too..Manpa! :rolleyes: I think my answer is:The Blacks a Fake Cup..That is the horse race. ]:D

I had a few great years.
I was named for a fake, or maybe not.
I run hot and cold.
There's plenty of flies on me.
I used to keep up a good pace. <- this is the horse clue (I'm not naming the horse, that would be a giveaway smile )
People say I am very friendly.
I am a place.

Should be a rule...pertaining to the ratio of 'factual' as opposed to 'cryptic' clues.No point in dragging things out for the sake of dragging things out....With the greatest of respect for the currant poser of the question of course...one might be indisposed...in which case that's totally understandable. :Y:

Latest posts