Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be him Doug.

I don't think his early life is well published. He was a message runner at Gallipoli and then managed to get into pilot training school. Once qualified he was sent to the Western Front where his flying skills were first recognized. After the war he tried to make a living barnstorming across the US for while but his wild lifestyle made it hard for him to save any money. He returned to Australia and with a partner started a small airline in Western Australia with a goal of making enough money to fund an attempt to fly across the Pacific.

His life story makes a good read, one of Australia's true hero's.

Well xcvator,

I gather you didn't mean to put the s in your answer. You are correct. I was going to use the next clue but didn't have too. "I was the only Australian town to have been deserted because of aboriginal attacks." 8)

1491646587_20170407_204027_resized.jpg

All yours xcvator

Cheers

Doug

So tell me xcvator, have you got a copy of "Angor to Zillmanton, a history of North Queensland townships" as well?

I needed someone to get the question right as I have run out of things to ask at the moment.

1491821323_20170407_204010_resized.jpg

All yours. :D

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts