Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,
My Mother was involved in one of the greatest loss of lives owing to a ship wreck. She took care of a famouse Lady's Mother.
I my self went to war and was involved in the greatest man made explosion with the 1st Tunnelling Team untill the Nukes were dropped on Japan.
I was awarded the British Medal and the victory Medal and I am buried in my mothers Grave at Fawkner cemetary.

Who am I.??

which British medal? and which countries Victory medal? Must of been a Yank because the British war medal was wrongly called the victory medal also.
I'm Confused or stupid or both !! :)

I thought I wold test you all. LOL
No, No, And No,
The clues are there, Have a Think, I will give this,,,,,,, 2 days. LOL
It is one of those long forgotten Hero's.
Um, British Medal ?

All will be revealed. PMSL...

The Duck,
Oh Bugger, Um, He came from my local area.
I gotta eat humble pie on that one. PMSL.
I think I left the clues a little to open.
His Mother took care of Sister Mary McKillops mother who perished in the wreck of the Lyee-Moon on Green Cape.
He is one of our unnamed hero's.
Lest We Forget.
Just you guy's wait.LOL,
Over to you The duck.

My Grandfather Jim Spindler MMH was only 15 miles away when they let the hill off. It actually lifted him of the ground and the whole battle field stopped and got up out of the trench's wondering what happened. No one wanted to do any thing for a few hours after it.
Till to this day there are a few un exploded caverns left.
The authorities do not know what do do with them.
He was only 25 miles away in Kameruka making cheese and "Harry" was just down the coast or, nearby..
History...

I think its me, Dr Duck, not The Duck,

Hmm, so it was Power?

Interesting that Weeks mother was Ada J Weeks, of who little is known, but Ada Winifred Weekes Baker, who was not related, also had a connection with the Lyee-moon. That sent me on a wild goose chase for a while, and led me to suspect Weeks in the first instance.

Let me have a think......

Yep the cemetery clue gave it away, along with buried in his mothers grave. Just so happened that there were two tunnellers so buried in Fawkner Cemetery.

Anyway, I don't think we have had a question on this topic.

Flight Steward who was a pioneer of modern Australian food and introduced a popular asian cuisine to Australia as well. Who am I?

Latest posts