Australian aborigines: the true discoverers of Brazil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joao garimpeiro

Joo Novaes Neto
Reaction score
1500988776_aborigenes.jpg

1500988805_aborigens_2.jpg

A common ancestor anyway - the aborigines descended from people who came south from India, early Americans from a group that went northeast across the Bering Strait, then south as shown. The Dna does confirm that early South Americans had genetics in common with aborigines, inherited from that common ancestor. But you and I also have Neanderthal genes from our own common ancestor (my wife agrees). That 50,000 years for aborigines has recently been announced to be 65,000 years. We are nearly all related ;)

goldierocks said:
A common ancestor anyway - the aborigines descended from people who came south from India, early Americans from a group that went northeast across the Bering Strait, then south as shown. The Dna does confirm that early South Americans had genetics in common with aborigines, inherited from that common ancestor. But you and I also have Neanderthal genes from our own common ancestor (my wife agrees). That 50,000 years for aborigines has recently been announced to be 65,000 years. We are nearly all related ;)

G'DAY BROTHER
I am now sure that I am an Australian !!
I'm very happy!
:) :) :) :)

madtuna said:
The 13 million one up the top had the best boobs :D

Pretty sure there is a number you can call to meet one of those Russian ones MT :D Not sure how impressed she'll be going from icy Russia to the hot, fly ridden outback.

Ramjet said:
A recent discovery in Kakadu pushes Aboriginal settlement back to 65000 to 80000 years ago. Much earlier than previously thought. There is a theory that human life originated in Asia and Australia, rather than Africa.

I think 65,000 years rather than 80,000 unless something happened in the last few days - an area I know a little bit about, I worked dating Makapan man (Australopithecus). Initially it was 40,000 years for Mungo Man, then 65,000 but that proved to be a bad date, but a few weeks back they announced 65,000 years for a Northern Australian site. Unfortunately we have trouble using the more reliable carbon dating method much beyond 50,000 years so the latest date is probably good but the method is slightly less reliable. It doesn't meanthat aborigines could not have been here 80,000 years ago but it would be a bit inconsistent with the eastward younging age trend from Africa as it appears to be. The Australian megafaua (diprotodon etc) was chewed upon by aborigines according to a discovery in a Flinders Ranges cave earlier in the year.

Ramjet said:
A recent discovery in Kakadu pushes Aboriginal settlement back to 65000 to 80000 years ago. Much earlier than previously thought. There is a theory that human life originated in Asia and Australia, rather than Africa.

I completely and totally disagree with the last sentence - rubbish :N:

P.S. sorry for the edit :)

I disagree with both sentences, but life may not be that simple :)

Aboriginal settlement has not been dated at 80,000 years and I think the 65,000 year age has also been discredited. However there is little doubt that aborigines were here by 50,000 years ago on present evidence. The Tasmanian aborigines were cut off from the mainland about 10,000 years ago and there is no evidence of having been boomerangs or dingo there (the first probably a later mainland invention, the dingo an introduction to Australia 5000 years ago. Aborigines show genetic similarities to people in India and other parts of Asia and the Pacific who probably had a common ancestor in that area. Human life did not originate here.

There is no evidence that human life (meaning Homo sapiens) originated in Asia overall (Africa would be the ultimate source), but the evidence is not clear as to whether early forms of Homo such as the Denisovans may have interbred with early hominids and that some modern hunmans evolved there:

Earlier forms of genus Homo (not Homo sapiens) evolved from an African ancestor and spread into Asia at an early stage where Denisovans and Homo florensis evolved, whereas others evolved in the Middle East ultimately through the neanderthals (all except modern African humans have neanderthal genes) :

https://www.nature.com/news/how-china-is-rewriting-the-book-on-human-origins-1.20231

"Most Chinese palaeontologists and a few ardent supporters from the West think that the transitional fossils are evidence that Peking Man was an ancestor of modern Asian people. In this model, known as multiregionalism or continuity with hybridization, hominins descended from H. erectus in Asia interbred with incoming groups from Africa and other parts of Eurasia, and their progeny gave rise to the ancestors of modern east Asians, says Wu......Palaeontologists don't know what the Denisovans looked like, but studies of DNA recovered from their teeth and bones indicate that this ancient population contributed to the genomes of modern humans, especially Australian Aborigines, Papua New Guineans and Polynesians suggesting that Denisovans might have roamed Asia".

So one possibility is that after the first wave of hominids travelling east, a later wave (now humans) travelled east and interbred on the way with the descendants of the first wave - making us evolved from both places, but with an ultimate African lineage.

Just read it so thought I would share....

Latest posts