29th Annual Australian Gold Panning Championships Blackwood Vic. 2024

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday 2nd March 9am
29th Annual Australian Gold Panning Championships
Recreation Reserve Rd,
Blackwood Vic.

View attachment 12965
View attachment 12966

On this weekend
Thanks for posting this event Matt 👍We headed over to Blackwood today and had a really fantastic day. Took 5 of the grandkids who all competed in the under 12 junior heats and final, which resulted in each of them contracting gold fever 😍😇 With the fever at full pitch 3 of them landed a podium finish in the final. I told each of them all day it's not about winning it's all about enjoying the fun of the day which is the biggest win of all. Here's a few photos of the fun.

Readying for the final.
IMG_20240302_200418.jpg
Stiff competition.
IMG_20240302_200515.jpg
Proud champions.
IMG_20240302_200305.jpg
This smile says the gold count in the vile is a good one.
IMG_20240302_200931.jpg
Winners are grinners.
IMG_20240302_200855.jpg
The whole day was to celebrate young Isaac's birthday he's holding the sluice. The sluice was given to the kids by Cleggy who attended and competed. To say we were gobsmacked by Cleggy's generosity is an understatement. Honestly I haven't had a good day like we did today for a long time, thanks to everyone who makes this day possible, your the true champions of today 👏🍻 The kids are already planning on defending their titles next year, so much so I was asked could we practice in the shed tonight 😅 Can't wait for next year 😀

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this event Matt 👍We headed over to Blackwood today and had a really fantastic day. Took 5 of the grandkids who all competed in the under 12 junior heats and final, which resulted in each of them contracting gold fever 😍😇 With the fever at full pitch 3 of them landed a podium finish in the final. I told each of them all day it's not about winning it's all about enjoying the fun of the day which is the biggest win of all. Here's a few photos of the fun.

Readying for the final.
View attachment 13030
Stiff competition.
View attachment 13031
Proud champions.
View attachment 13032
This smile says the gold count in the vile is a good one.
View attachment 13033
Winners are grinners.
View attachment 13034
The whole day was to celebrate young Isaac's birthday he's holding the sluice. The sluice was given to the kids by Cleggy who attended and competed. To say we were gobsmacked by Cleggy's generosity is an understatement. Honestly I haven't had a good day like we did today for a long time, thanks to everyone who makes this day possible, your the true champions of today 👏🍻 The kids are already planning on defending their titles next year, so much so I was asked could we practice in the shed tonight 😅 Can't wait for next year 😀
Thanks for posting up the photos & letting us know about the day!
Looked like a great event & I'd seen some photos from Clegy's day there also. He's a character + good man.
Working weekend shifts I don't get along to these things much. Will have to get some time off & get to something this year - I reckon my kids would love it too.

looks like the grandkids had a ball RM ,a good day out by all by the looks of things

congratulations to the little champions they done well 👏👏👏

Latest posts