Auctions ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it should be in the members only section, that way it would definitely be for the benefit of members giving and getting the best deals they can with their surplus equipment, and it won't have any effect on the outside world if they are trying to sell elsewhere at a higher price in the meantime. Just my thoughts is all. :)

silver said:
Maybe it should be in the members only section, that way it would definitely be for the benefit of members giving and getting the best deals they can with their surplus equipment, and it won't have any effect on the outside world if they are trying to sell elsewhere at a higher price in the meantime. Just my thoughts is all. :)
Yes thats another good idea

silver said:

Your idea has good intentions ' But if seen on the open forum & then requires membership to bid , the positive is obvious :)

jack

Too right we are watching. LOL
Currently under discussion ATM.
We just now have to hash out a set of
rules and regulations.
Won't be much longer so hang in. :Y: :Y:

Another forum I am on only allows sales to be in the Members only side.

If auctioned to the wider community we all know there are potential pitfalls/ramifications if someone gets their nose out of joint
over a missed opportunity.
So the site may have to install new software to deal with it or new rules we need to abide by with those sales (legals stuff)
just to try to prevent that.
Like a software driven bidding system that determines when bidding ends, as you know each state has their own time zone......

Devils advocate, the points are not always nice to think about.

BUT, I believe we as a forum community are pretty much on the up and up, it a friendly place, with positive member support.
I and Kato are very happy to be here, and we have a lot of respect for everyone here too, relaxing, comfortable, informative and
very generous membership I might add.

GH :) :Y: :Y:

A lot to consider, Mods should take their time. ;)

Outback said:
silver said:

Your idea has good intentions ' But if seen on the open forum & then requires membership to bid , the positive is obvious :)

jack
Maybe the auction in members only, but advertise it on the open forum, that way people have to sign up and interact in order to participate jack. :D

silver said:
Outback said:
silver said:

jack
Maybe the auction in members only, but advertise it on the open forum, that way people have to sign up and interact in order to participate jack. :D

Yes Silver ' that's the way to go :)

Don't worry.
All will be revealed soon. :Y:
There is a lot of work going on in the back ground.

Tathradj said:
Don't worry.
All will be revealed soon. :Y:
There is a lot of work going on in the back ground.

1494118009_pa_work2.jpg
]:D

The Diablo arrived late last week and what a great little detector. I had a good chat with Jack and what a true generous gentleman he is and I can highly recommend him as a seller for any future auctions. Thanks to Jack for putting up the auction for members and a great idea it is :Y:
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts