AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of coinage AR ,... and silver, mmmmm. 8) :D
could be a winning silver even ! ;)

Everything else from last night hunt. Thank you soo much again GP!!!!
Note the massive lead nuggets at the bottom of the top photo!

Started at a dairy farm entrance and boundarys at around 6pm yesterday which didn't yield anything, so I headed out to a pub and had a swing around some areas thoroughly surrounding it. A lot of targets came from the gravel parking lot and hard clay mixed with years of bottles. It didn't click, but the officers asked why I was out doing it soo late, to where I responded "so I don't get hassled", and they swiftly left me alone..but I'd then realised it was 2am..not 10pm like I thought! Mustve been having fun :D The silvers hadn't had the best life..rather ratty

1459139278_14591392033360.jpg

1459139310_14591392250931.jpg

You're welcome Atom. ;) A couple of productive runs for you, and a few silvers to add to the collection. I'm never surprised anymore by the odd police visit, they are just doing their job, and usually have a chat out of curiosity if anything. :)

Just a couple of pics from where I was swinging for coins ( with no luck ) today. fatbellied_expert setting up his stringline which he lowered a gopro down to have a peek, also used a magnet but extracted pure junk. Dont know the result of vid yet but we might get a glimpse of a drive heading in a direction hopefully

1459476139_14594760507460.jpg

One of the many lost and hidden goldfields on my area, several portals and adits pierce the steep mountain, some with wooden supports, what's left of them. Today I discovered these holes have currently been filled with deer carcass and junk... great. Bloody messy hunters giving all hunters a bad name out here... really bad.

1459476177_14594760591670.jpg

I hope the vid shows something, sounds exciting ,... if you lower in timed depth increments, you would no what depth to lower to for a second chop at it with the camera left dangling in the right spot at the right depth while you very slowly spun the rope for a slow pan in the dark ! ;) :D 8)

I know these spots and have seen the amounts of rubbish dumped down them
It's disgusting and disrespectful especially the shaft of pic 1
I am very interested into the history of this area and find it very frustrating that nothing's available as to the who why what and were :/

Tape a couple of lights either side of the camera next time ,.... just set em back slightly from the lense so as to avoid over exposure issues ,... can imagine the lights swivelled into a tight beam to give a nice distance shot, maybe even one distant and one wide for the short distance as well ,... just trial the set up at night in the back yard to acheive the optimum for down the shaft forrays ,..
And all should be well, pure subconscious now. :|

There were two lights on the setup but wernt bright enough to capture it fully. But it seems two dark areas are drives into the mountain heading north south that we can just work out. I swung the detector with little luck. Bit steep for the knees to handle at the mo.. will add more lights and try again. Glow sticks would even do the job

Latest posts