Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three little beauties for this arvos efforts :D
The oldy was a nice surprise
1453715751_image.jpg

Look at the teeth marks next to the SIX on the old one,... bet that hurt the biters. :eek:
Nice set of silver old mate,... P R O U D. :D

A very nice trio indeed, was the 1879 6p much deeper than the other silvers, sounds like you didn't expect anything older at that location? :)

The first find was a 1c coin after about 10 mins. Then nothing at all for about half an hour. I was getting worried ... Had to keep checking the detector was actually working. Extremely quiet ground. Then one area was a few iron signals. Since it was so quiet i dug up a couple .... Nails. Then one of those yes/no iffy signals , and i guessed right... It as a screw with lead washer attached.
These three silvers were each about a meter apart and only 3 inches deep.
Im just getting ready to head back there now as i had to call it quits as the darkness fell last night

Hopefully you were just touching on the edge of the prize then yesterday ! ;) :D

Went out for a couple of hours late yesterday arvo
Was hoping to avoid the heat... But didnt really ... It was so bloody muggy
The $2 was a surface find as soon as i took my very first swing
1454191513_image.jpg

1912 threepence , 1942 & 1957 sixpence :D
1938 & 1942 half pennies and a 1917 penny . Oh ye ...and 2c
1454191803_image.jpg

Its been extreemly muggy / humid here as well. Rains are stopping me swinging but at least I can still get my coin fix from everyone's threads :D

Couple o old dates I see on the silvers there mate, nice! The silver pendant shield looks cool too. I find it amazing how we all seem to find similar things at the same time. I recently got a charm shield badge from the back garden and no one knows where its from

Another great result on the silvers Sandta, 1912 is getting pretty early on in the series, not really a huge amount minted either. :)

Latest posts