Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back again this morning,started early to avoid the heat because the spot is not shaded until late in the arvo
Everything came in pairs this time
1455415726_image.jpg

1940 & 1963 roo pennies
1455416096_image.jpg

1898 & 188? Vic half pennies
1455416177_image.jpeg

Excellent detectivating work their Sandta ;) ,.. love the PDs,.. Love those Silvers,... and especially love the Old Pd silver. :p :p
What a great result you got. :p :D

This arvo i went to an old church site i was told about recently
Was a difficult hunt due to the scattered burnt remains littered with iron nails screws and lead but managd to locate a few PD's
1944 half penny , a commonwealth half penny but cant get the date , 3/4 of a roo penny and 1917 threepence
1455962789_image.jpg

The cross, medallion and other little oval bits were all in the same hole so i guess were all part of the same thing
1455962824_image.jpeg

1455962984_image.jpeg

Got your ears on there Sandta,.. nice little silver poking its head out beconing you to find it hey ! Hiding itself in amongst all the cool artifacts from time gone bye. :eek: :D :cool: ;)

Sandta said:
Goldpick said:
Some nice relics there Sandta, and an early silver to top it off with. Any idea on the age of the site? :)

I walked through the remaining head stones at thec rear of the site before i left.
The earliest date i could read was 1889

Could still have some potential then on some older gear, hopefully it hasn't been picked over by others. :)

A couple of hours this morning...
all the coins were more or less in the same area. I went over that area 3 times hoping a silver would pop out but it wasnt to be.
The weather conditions are absolutely beautiful today but the ground is still so bloody dry and hard
1458344109_image.jpg

1936 , '41, '47, 2x '51 and '52 pennies
1950 half penny
$2 coin
and this big arse bullet casing
1458344454_image.jpeg

Now thats got me wondering what the meter odd long target was under the tree earlier in the hunt :rolleyes:

As you can see from my avatar I've found one of them too :lol:
Remington Arms (R.A.) and made in 1942.. American ammo used by our forces during the war.
C

rocketaroo said:
nice hunt, maybe a gun under the tree. Tree roots stopped me digging a sweet signal yesterday.
You can do it RKT, just take the right tools with you, and respect the tree ,.... make sure there are no widow makers hanging above you first though ! :D
After all, a good signal is a good signal. :D

This mornings hunt started very slow with only a $2 found in the first hour from a large clear area i have been curious about for some time
As the sun started to come out i found the $1 which turnred into 50c euro by the time i got home and cleaned it up :rolleyes:
Once it became light i noticed another area that must have only been cleared (all be it very roughly) yesterday.
I headed straight over,and it wasnt long before the PD's started popping out :)
1458949144_image.jpg

1458949206_image.jpg

Cmon old mate, gotta get out there again and listen ,... gunna be a thrippy quietly waiting there to get you that full house ,... the day is yet young.
nice silvers, almost all 92.5% too. ;) :D 8) :cool:

Latest posts