Area's around Chewton that can be detected

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm hoping to try my hand at gold detecting for the first time and was hoping to try around the Chewton Area, I'm not from around this area so have no idea where i can legally detect. And i'm that hoping my MXT can maybe pick up something other then coins, i'm really hoping that some helpful prospectors could help steer me in the right direction.
If anyone can help me with some info on where i can detect there or another area near by it would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your time and help.

Sorry, not allowed in: Loddon River, heritage listed or some parks there are forbidden but my brains gone dead.. sorry someone else will have to reply. Sorry for my wrong first post

See the GeoVic 3 site for info on where you can detect/prospect, use the overlays to add info like restricted area's, heritage area's, gold diggings, waterways, crown land etc, it probably one of the best ways to find where you can & can't go.

Hi Dirtdiggin
If you take North Street, from the Chewton general store heading north. You'll be entering the Castlemaine Diggings national park. For several Kms on that track every Gully you come across was worked by the Old Timers. There should be plenty of ground to keep you busy. Let us know how you do. Regards Richard

Cheers guys I'd be up the creek without a paddle if it wasn't for all your informative information really appreciate all your help!!!!.
Cheers

Latest posts