And another from ACT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nofind

Richard
Reaction score
Hi, Just registered and saying HI.

I am yet another prospector form the ACT.

I have not had a chance to get out and do any detecting yet but am looking forward to it.

I have used a detector on a tag along a couple of years ago but am a complete beginner with lots to learn.

I have not fired up my detector (GPX4500) at home as have power lines at the back and am a bit concerned over the interference but will do so any way soon:).

I have been looking around local places to go but they do seem a bit limited.

Any way enough for now,

All the best to everyone

Rich

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask questions or join in any of the discussions, where an easy going bunch of guys here.

You've got yourself a real nice detector there, I can't wait to hear all about your great finds with it :)

Cheers,
Nugget

Nugget said:
Hi Rich, welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask questions or join in any of the discussions, where an easy going bunch of guys here.

You've got yourself a real nice detector there, I can't wait to hear all about your great finds with it :)

Cheers,
Nugget

Thanks mate,

Based on my tag along trip a couple of years ago I hope people are interested in staples bullets and nails as found lots of them :) but did also did find a couple of pieces of gold.

For me the searching was as much fund as the finding and finding anything was a real buzz.

Now that I am retired I hope to have more time, but surprising how busy you get when retired.

Have a good one,
Rich

Welcome Rich glad to have you on board. Make sure you send photos of your staples, bullets and nails so I can compare them against mine. Look forward to when you get that beast up and running. Be sure to keep us updated.

Hi Rich...welcome to the forum and don't wait too long to get that 4500 buzzing on some gold. There are some really good fields within 2 hours of Canberra so your first local nugget shouldn't be too far away. Cheers Wal...(fellow prospector from the ACT.)

Thanks all for friendly welcome.

I did do a couple hour session down Mogo and did the right thing and put my rubbish in a bag, the fact I found anything was still a buzz.

Unfortunately at the end of the day I found that I had a hole in the bag so ended up with nothing, so apologise to any future detectors that go that way re the rubbish.

I am hopping to be able to get out in the next week or so to some where closer to home and find some more staples and bullets :).

I believe you are not supposed to fossick in the ACT so am just going to step over the boarder which is not far away.

All the best,

Rich

By the sound of that i guess i'll have to keep away from Mogo for all the extra rubbish. A lot more gold a bit further south at Nerrigundah....but unfortunately still a fair bit of rubbish..Good luck on the next dig. Cheers Wal.

Latest posts