Aldi Rechargeable Batteries ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone here use them ? Are they ok or should I buy decent ones straight up ?

I haven't tried the Aldi rechargables but I did buy a few really cheap cree torches with 18650 li-ion batteries and chargers from China about 7 years ago and they all still work. I was only expecting them to last months so the Aldi ones may be fine.

I bought accupower battetries and charger from Nenad, was about $100 all up but these batteries are 100% worth it. They seem to give the aldi a bit of a performance increase. Great for pinpointers too.

I've got 8 Aldi AA batteries for my metal detector - they work fine, although I think the voltage is a little less than single-use batteries, which can be a problem with some LED torches etc (might be 1.2 instead of 1.5 volts). Got a cheap Digitor battery charger from Jaycar, leave them to charge overnight, no problem. Good if you are a long way from any shops - just recharge and keep going.

Latest posts