Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PabloP said:
Fine for those with the $$ and for getting the gold stuff, but what would you get to try and instill some interest into your grand-kids, a Whites GMT or an Aldi?

Horses for courses or different strokes for different folks.

Rob

Nah, i would get em a gpx5000 as an entry level detector....an Aldi or Whites would be overkill for them!

:8

Mine has gotten water in it's "waterproof" coil. This is making it false every second, any ideas on getting it out? :|

Not sure on what you should do( but if it fixes up don't put it in water again that's for sure), but any time I have a water problem with electronics I use mentholated Spirits to adhere to the water and evaporate it away,.. I always make sure there is no power/batteries in the device and then liberally pour the Metho into and around the electronics(drain and repeat a few times),.. then it has to be drained and air dried (until it is dry/24 hrs at the least, making sure there is no Metho slopping around inside still) properly before powering up again,.. I have resurrected mobile phones and lots of the kids toys in this way,... not sure how it would go with a coil though,.. have you checked to make sure that your connections are clean and dry first, just to rule that out, as sometimes the most obvious things can give us the slip RMS.
rileymcsmiley said:
Mine has gotten water in it's "waterproof" coil. This is making it false every second, any ideas on getting it out? :|

I've checked everything out, it's definitely because there's water in the coil. I've managed to get a few drops out through a tiny opening but a large majority is still stuck in there unfortunately.

Just remember that Should you use Metho,.... it is flammable and all caution should be used.

If you put a tiny bit of string into the small opening you may be able to have it hang there at the lowest point and by osmosis the water should travel out the string and evaporate,.. don't use synthetic string as organic string is by far superior when it comes to osmotic ability,... it may take a while, but it may work whereas shaking it about with a small hole may do nothing much for it in the long term.

The other thing is that if it is an Aldi detector, I think someone on here said they have a returns policy of some sort.

G'day all, I was in Salamander Bay Aldi yesterday and they had heaps of detectors for $79.95 (not 100% sure on that price but definitely under $80).
Maybe helpful for someone wanting one in the Hunter region.
Cheers,
Billy.

Starting to look like they put the price up to $99.95 when the have the specials going on.(normal price $80.00).

Haven taken my Aldi detector out for its first run today, I'd like to hear back from anyone who is using one as to how long they're getting from their batteries. I've chewed through 4 x 9V batteries in two hours!

Cheers and good hunting

Just wondering if any other coils will fit on the aldi's machine as I'm sure with a more sensitive coil it would be even better. But just not sure if any other detectors have the same pin setup. Thanks for any help in advance.

So I'm going to take the Aldi out for a swing at Ophir tomorrow morning (sh$/(ts and giggles), and was wondering has anyone actually found gold other than park/beach finds with theirs?

I went into aldi asking for a detector and had a useless bloke not even attempt calling another store to check for me. Would still get one for my missus though if I could get an available one

Does Aldi have a head office,.... yep, somewhere AR.
This is what I found on a web surf(small wave)
Aldi Australia Customer Service 13 25 34
Aldi Phone Number 13 25 34

:D

Latest posts