Nokta Impact information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Narrawa said:
Ridge Runner said:
That's a shame the GB is off setting it's self one side or the other, If it is working properly then you should not have to manually override it to get it set right, If you get in rapidly changing conditions then you would have to work overtime to keep it in tune, A machines ability to Auto Ground Balance is one of the most important features and it really needs to be Accurate, That's the same trouble with the F75, Because they rely on the ground grab feature and when you hit the Grab button all it does it update the setting and although it monitors the ground it does not Auto adjust, So you always have to up date it. Lets hope in version 2 they fix that.

I was mostly pointing out how to get a better GB if your a penny pincher for performance...most VLFs will have some form of tracking...use that if it worries you.
I did the same thing with my F19 and GMT.

Cant wait for the weather to cool a little more so i can get out more often.

It is not about being a penny pincher, But the only time a person should have to adjust the GB from the Auto setting is when they want to off set the GB to either run it a bit hotter or back it off for some reason, As with the GMT where the Auto GB sets it up and a few hits on the "+" Button just warm it up a little when conditions allow,

I do like the fact that the Impact has a manual over ride and I wish all detectors had it, I know Whites were working on adding it to the first MXT Pro but management Poo Poo'd the Idea and it ended up in the Bin.

I am thinking that the Impact's Auto GB might be more Accurate depending as which frequency a person is using, So that is one thing that those who have them for testing could try out and let us know, There has to be a good reason as why this is happening because Nokta as a company are pretty Hot as a Rule.

John.

Its all about being a penny pincher..lol...those that know how to get the best out of their machines, tend to do a little better then those who dont...i was simply pointing out how to do this...perhaps i worded my findings a little carelessly.?
Running them hot is no different to the GB being a little out...trade offs are present when you hit the + to warm things up a tad. You warm up the target, you warm up the ground. Warm up the ground, you lose depth.

I have done the test in all freq..and all modes...there was no noticeable difference in the GB readout per freq/per mode. What i do find annoying, and i did mention it to Nokta...the GB Beeps can be a little loud if your trying to pinch that little bit more out of the GB system. Beeps on/off would have been a nice addition for the end user. However, its not a big issue....not all of us are penny pinches for performance...and as said, the ground a few feet in front has probably changed anyway.?? The auto GB is fine in any of the Disc modes...its the AM modes/threshold based that you tend to look for the edge.
The Disc modes help iron out the ground anyway.

Narrawa said:
Its all about being a penny pincher..lol...those that know how to get the best out of their machines, tend to do a little better then those who dont...i was simply pointing out how to do this...perhaps i worded my findings a little carelessly.?
Running them hot is no different to the GB being a little out...trade offs are present when you hit the + to warm things up a tad. You warm up the target, you warm up the ground. Warm up the ground, you lose depth.

I have done the test in all freq..and all modes...there was no noticeable difference in the GB readout per freq/per mode. What i do find annoying, and i did mention it to Nokta...the GB Beeps can be a little loud if your trying to pinch that little bit more out of the GB system. Beeps on/off would have been a nice addition for the end user. However, its not a big issue....not all of us are penny pinches for performance...and as said, the ground a few feet in front has probably changed anyway.?? The auto GB is fine in any of the Disc modes...its the AM modes/threshold based that you tend to look for the edge.
The Disc modes help iron out the ground anyway.

Yep, The more I hear the more I like it, the bleep idea is a good one in that other machines that don't have that feature a person has to keep a close eye on to make sure it is doing what you want it to do, Being an outside pursuit I think the bleep would be a bonus, It is easy to forget where your at when you are engrossed in the task at hand.

Thanks,

John.

Thanks Nenad for the info on battery chargers. The accumanager-8 is a nice looking unit but unfortunately it does not have a cable for the car cigarette lighter.

oldtimerROB said:
Thanks Nenad for the info on battery chargers. The accumanager-8 is a nice looking unit but unfortunately it does not have a cable for the car cigarette lighter.
That's easily fixed, all you need is a 150 watt power inverter and plug it in to the Cigar lighter socket, I use a 300 watt model for the Cigar lighter socket but I do have a couple more big'uns that clamp straight to the battery.

Hope that helps.

John.

+ Narrawa. Its funny you should say that Nokta as a rule are are a pretty hot company. I had the same experience dealing with Turkish shop owners from the Grand Bazaar to Antalya,Side and Alanya. They are all very eager to give good service and they sell very good quality at low prices. Jeans, leather jackets etc. all produced in Turkey. Somewhat reminds me of Nokta.

Thanks John.I did see a 4 AA battery charger with cig. lighter plug in somewhere on the internet.Not sure if it will work on rechargeables.

oldtimerROB said:
Thanks John.I did see a 4 AA battery charger with cig. lighter plug in somewhere on the internet.Not sure if it will work on rechargeables.

You can get good smart chargers for 10 or 20 bucks that come with the right leads, But I would have a good look at the ones Nenad has because he tests all his gear before he markets them, That kind of service is very rare these days.

John.

Picture of the Blue Mosque with snow which I snapped in 2013 in Istanbul near where Nokta,s are produced.
1488667863_dsc00580.jpg

Yeah I think I like GB auto, DI2 and 5 or 14 Khz on the Impact cos I am lazy,courses for horses.Using the headphones should give me the low tones/grunts to dismiss the iron rubbish.As far as hot rocks go I will figure that out when I see the manual.

John,I had another look yesterday but could not find much on the internet with a cig. lighter cable.Very surprised cos I thought they would be popular. I found one with the right cable which was a 4 pack from Dick Smith but it had a fan in it cos it was a fast charger and gets hot,for $70. A bit pricey seeing I got lots of time on the goldfields.Will ask Nenad if he can supply a car charging unit.

oldtimerROB said:
John,I had another look yesterday but could not find much on the internet with a cig. lighter cable.Very surprised cos I thought they would be popular. I found one with the right cable which was a 4 pack from Dick Smith but it had a fan in it cos it was a fast charger and gets hot,for $70. A bit pricey seeing I got lots of time on the goldfields.Will ask Nenad if he can supply a car charging unit.
Try these guys ROB, should be one local to you, you can get cheaper ones but cheaper may not be better and at least there AU wide so any problems you can heckle them for a warranty replacement within reason 8) :Y:
https://www.jaycar.com.au/products/...version-transformation/dc-ac-inverters/c/405C
https://www.jaycar.com.au/store-finder

Looked again last night, Jaycar has only a 2 battery AA holder or 4 AAA holder with cig. lighter cable and they are fast charge. MPP has Enecharger trickle charger with 4 AA battery holder and with 240v and car charger cables for $60. Trickle charging seems best for maximum charge. Could be a good one.Confused by Ni Cad and Ni MH types.

If by trickle you mean intelligent, then yes. You can manually change the charge current.
These do all types of batteries. Also has a discharge-test mode which drains the batteries, then gives them a full charge and tells you their capacity.
See here: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/accupower-iq338xl-battery-charger/

1488955549_iq338xl-3.jpg

If you are just going to be doing AA cells, and don't need to charge Lithium Ion cells, then you can get an 8-bank charger for a bit cheaper: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/accumanager-8/

12V car adaptors are $12

Latest posts