Airbrushing advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we only had 5 entrants and 5 give aways but I did put the random number generator to use and screen shotted as they came out.

Order of drawing and prizes:

LoneWolf : Lure (Btw 87 came up like 5 times :8 )

Eldorado: Lure

Goldrat : lure

Pablo P : lure

And finally, Manpa scoring the Pick handle.

Unfortunately the eyes I was waiting on from a mate have not arrived, so if you would like proper lure eyes might have to wait a wee bit. Mrs GT dragged me into Spotlight today where I located some small googly eyes in a pinch.

Anyway Ill contact everyone via pm to get addresses to send out. Thanks for the interest lads. :Y:

Edit, just as an aside I just found a lure thread that show how to make eyes using epoxy, if I can get some at anaconda tomorrow Ill finish them early this week, looks like a good alternative to stick ons and be good to give it a go.

Cheers.

just asked Charlie what he did for eyes, dot of white and smaller dot of black, wouldn't have thought eye detail to be too specific given they usually get hunted from the side or from behind.

Bloody lonewolf with his union rigged number.... rigged the rng somehow ... :lol: well done to all who entered.

Manpa said:
Winner , winner , winner, thank you for your generosity OldGT. I would like you to use the pick handle or do a redraw as I really have no need for one.
If you are happy to do this, I will pay it forward and donate $25 to your favourite charity. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your generous reply mate. I do not donate to charities strictly speaking, instead I donate my time. If however you would like to go ahead with your gesture I would suggest any childrens charities that help the sick kids.

Best mate and another good mate have had their share of grim moments with young ones (one Cancer and the other stomach deformities) and to witness first hand how hard that is on everyone involved, not just over weeks, but years, that would be as good a place as any to start.

Thanks for your reply mate. :Y:

Seen a fella once making lures out of a tiny tin shed in the back yard... he had a small copy lathe, and would source really old wooden lures as his copy models (I think that was his copywrite protection)...... looked very professional too like yours :Y:

Now when it comes to Cancer and Deformities. ... well I watched this recently.... and Wow.

Great Movie too. :Y:
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/RvAOuhyunhY[/video]

OldGT said:
Manpa said:
Winner , winner , winner, thank you for your generosity OldGT. I would like you to use the pick handle or do a redraw as I really have no need for one.
If you are happy to do this, I will pay it forward and donate $25 to your favourite charity. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your generous reply mate. I do not donate to charities strictly speaking, instead I donate my time. If however you would like to go ahead with your gesture I would suggest any childrens charities that help the sick kids.

Best mate and another good mate have had their share of grim moments with young ones (one Cancer and the other stomach deformities) and to witness first hand how hard that is on everyone involved, not just over weeks, but years, that would be as good a place as any to start.

Thanks for your reply mate. :Y:

All done OldGT, gave to the cancer support group Ronald McDonald House
1594680256_56b5013a-20ef-4fb1-bb45-b1d2bd359134.jpg

Ok so I couldnt get the epoxy I was after, so I experimented with another but the clear and the epoxy appear not to like one another :mad:

Everyone has responded with an address so Ill get these in the post (with hooks and rings unattached but in package) either in the morning or tomorrow arvo.

:Y:

Looks like a good start up kit redfin,you will have fun playing around with that set up,is that transparent paint in the background ,if so they work wonders when worked right

Redfin said:
Very impressed, thought I'd like to have a crack at this so bought a few bits to have a play with.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1595833238_paints.jpg

awsome, goy all the good gear there! I just use auto acrylic paint, lots of primer/filler. and two pack clear now days. Your compressor looks perfect, mine is too powerful, but i persist with it,I use the same brush though. Lots of thinners.
Im interested to know more about the paints though, you get them mail order?

I will send messages but it seems Mrs GT never put the packs in the post! :argh:

I will drop them (myself this time) in the box in the morning.

Cheers.

Edit.

After having a quick chat she tells me there needs to be some label I never recieved when I paid for the post pack, Ill drop by the local PO tomorrow arvo and figure it out.

Latest posts