Advice on Minelab training / trainers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most shops in NSW will take you around Hillend and usually to areas that have been hit pretty hard . I was taken to a place called "floogers" and when i got there it was like George St with people everywhere , so hence the name. The training was more about using the machine and how to detect properly and less about finding something. Because i was already experienced i just went through the machine settings and then went on a bit of a field trip around the other areas to learn a bit more about understanding the terrain and the way the old timers worked the reefs and ground. I didnt find any gold but learnt a lot on the day , i did use some of his tips the very next trip and found a piece on my first outing with the new 4500 .
So overall use it as a learning experience rather than expecting to find something BUT if you do thats a big bonus :)

We returned the GPX5000 today. I originally purchased a new GPX4500 back in June but the control box was actually a GPX5000 put in the wrong box. We've been out bush since so couldn't return it until now. Unfortunately our dealer doesn't offer anything more than in house training and there's no gold country nearby but I have got a brand new GPX4500 :)

Be like :eek:
? Where's the training day ? :/
! OVER THERE ! :eek: :eek: :eek:
1512075085_images-35.jpg

Hi all, bit of a long shot but is there any member in mackay qld that could show me how to use my gpx 5000 ? Bought her a cpl of yrs back and never got the chance to get out to Clermont for a swing now the bug has bit again and dont want to waste my time not knowing a little about the detector

Thank Ian

Hi all,

I am new to gold prospecting and wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction.

We are heading from Geraldton out Leonora way about the start of December for a week. I'm wondering is
anybody willing to show me any areas or would like to catch up to give me some tips.
I have a Minelab 4500 and still learning how to use it so if anyone knows any trainers out that way doing training could you please send me their number.
Any information would be much appreciated.

I can't help but I reckon it'll be pretty warm by all accounts from the locals (WA) who post on here. Good luck on your adventures play it safe and I hope you find some good colour.

A good tip Grubstake, but those guys charge a lot (are good people but), & probably don't do lessons over summer (don't quote me on that, always check personally).
Meegs, another great bloke I can suggest, give Dean from 'Prospecting Kalgoorlie' a call on 0405 456 427 (this is his listed business #) or go to http://www.goldprospectingkalgoorlie.com/contact-us.html
He charges about $160/day
Meegs, your a bit mad going out in December, so as Goody2shoes pointed out, make sure you take plenty of water, a PLB, a GPS, & more water.
ps, Dean can organise rent of GPS & Detectors if needed.
& for those that might wonder, no Im not connected to his business, I just think hes a good bloke & doesn't overcharge.

have a good trip Meegs & stay safe
& take more water, & don't leave your PLB in the car PLEASE
. :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

Latest posts